Broke 1k Profit

morphinegamingmachinemorphinegamingmachine Member, PRO Posts: 449
so i recently broke 1k profit on the app store.
6 months after my first release, but 900 dollars of that 1k was in last two months.
not where i can be a pro yet, but pretty good cash flow :)

Comments

• ultimaultima Member, PRO Posts: 1,207
    yes buddy like TSB said, and congrats by the way
  • calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
    nice! try to release some goog titles out there and make the profit even better

CAlvin
  • morphinegamingmachinemorphinegamingmachine Member, PRO Posts: 449
    thanks guys, basically i have made enough money my that i traded the time i put into the apps for a brand new mac. not a bad deal if you ask me.
    this cool little hobby I've developed got me free stuff :)

I've also been able to develop two apps for others that have had pretty decent income so I'm happy with game salad and glad i supported them with purchasing pro earlier in the year for a project for a client.

My app is currently staying steady at around 15 bucks a day, so don't think it will wain anytime soon :)
  • osucowboy18osucowboy18 Member Posts: 1,307
    Congrats man, thats a big accomplishment! Hope your apps continue to sell :)

- Alex
  • LiquidGameworksLiquidGameworks Anchorage, AKMember, Sous Chef Posts: 956
    What apps do you have published? Would love to see another example of successful GS games.
  • DoguzDoguz Member Posts: 500
    I see 2 free apps and a paid emoji icon app for MGM on the appstore. The paid app couldn't have been done with game salad, surely. Is that right???
  • ozboybrianozboybrian PRO Posts: 2,102
    So you didn't make any really cash till 6 months after the release? Wow, that's cool. I thought once the app had been out for a month or two and didn't make any money that'd be it.
    Doguz is the only person to see what i even have out there.

It isn't my initial launched game that made the money, infact it made like 50 bucks its whole life, then i put it to free cause i have 000000000 for like a month for sales.

And actually the emoji one brings in some decent cash flow. but i made most money on a christmas themed utility app made from gs that i took off the app store already cause it went a week and a half with no sales. didn't wanna clutter my apps as to get more exposure for my current ones.
    the christmas one was my main revenue, but still got me past the 1k profit mark so I'm pretty happy. i have a few more utility apps that are actually made with gs in review. a really cool clock app in the works. i might make a thread cause its a very unique idea. but hopefully ill have that one finished soon. i honestly think its unique enough that i will get great sales!!! or be so unique only i think it is interesting! haha

• ultimaultima Member, PRO Posts: 1,207
    i wonder how much money the more prominent users are making like TSB or butter bean and some others.
  • GLGAMESGLGAMES SingaporeMember Posts: 988
    i really want to know, how you guys sell your apps?
    make ad based free version with link to full paid version?
    or purely making through free app with just ads alone?
  • ozboybrianozboybrian PRO Posts: 2,102
    edited January 2012
    @tshirtbooth earns about half a million dollars a month. I think he's said that a few times.

Cheers.
    well i met my first goals, but my down the road goal is to pay for COLLEGE with app revenue. would that be awesome! :)
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    Tshirtbooth and I share the income. ;-)