Tiles would be nice.

ozboybrianozboybrian PRO Posts: 2,102
edited February 2012 in Miscellaneous
So i'm in the early stages of an RPG.
No don't freak out. I'm finishing my other games first. This one is just being planned and graphics are being designed etc.

My artist did a prototype background which is actually made up of little squares. So I could create many different stages with it.
But I guess there is a downside of if I need the whole background to work with a rule that's like 20 actors that need rules and i'd have to make sure they're all aligned perfectly.

Plus i'm sure there would be other benefits to tiles so i'm just putting it out there for discussion :)

Comments

• POMPOM Member Posts: 2,599
    Tiles indeed would be nice, but we already have tiles , just not RETINA tiles , and I've been asking this for ages now, if we use retina graphics then we can't use tiles!
    They all get warped and messed up, and this is a very important feature that is exist, but it's broken since day 1..
    Brian I'll appreciate if you submit a bug report about the retina tiles issue, maybe if many people will submit a bug about it, they will finally fix it, I truly believe it should be a simple fix at their end.

Roy.
  • CloudsClouds Member Posts: 1,599
    edited February 2012
    1) Retina tiles
    2) Web preview opening in its own window and NOT taking you out of the edit screen (we had this b4 and now we don't)
    3) Particles being allowed to spawn Behind actor not just in front
    4) GameCenter iPad landscape issue
    5) Splash screen rotate and squish issue (new)
    6) Preview mode now lags and stuttering issue on most games
    7) adding self attributes to an instance of an actor (we had it b4 and now we don't)
    8) move to behavour issues. (been broke for 2 years)
    +
    9) Interpolate behaviour issues (glitch in last 0.1 of any value)
    10) Imported images not showing up in images window.
    11) Image sequences losing their order on import.
    12) Lack of anti-aliasing on actor's edges (simple to fix)
    13) Lack of anti-aliasing on moves (causes jitteriness and is entirely fixable)

"My hope is this ...there redoing the game engine, so its my hope that there not bothering with these fixes because there already fixed in the new GS.
    If this is the case then all will be forgiven

I was thinking the same thing, maybe it's too much work to release endless small updates and all these issues are going to be resolved in the move from beta to v1.0 ?
  • POMPOM Member Posts: 2,599
    edited February 2012
    1) Retina tiles
    2) Web preview opening in its own window and NOT taking you out of the edit screen (we had this b4 and now we don't)
    7) adding self attributes to an instance of an actor (we had it b4 and now we don't)
    +
    +
    12) when deleting self attribute from an actor we no longer get a warning pop up that its in use.
    13) adding costume gravity to particles and not be restricted to scene gravity
    14)creating a pack of attributes instead of one by one which case the creator to crawl

Roy.
  • MarkOnTheIronMarkOnTheIron Member Posts: 1,447
    edited February 2012
    1) Retina tiles
    +
    12) Lack of anti-aliasing on actor's edges (simple to fix)
    13) Lack of anti-aliasing on moves (causes jitteriness and is entirely fixable)
    +
    14) when deleting self attribute from an actor we no longer get a warning pop up that its in use.
    15) adding costume gravity to particles and not be restricted to scene gravity
    16) creating a pack of attributes instead of one by one which case the creator to crawl
    +
    17) Display text behavior. This is a bug that always was there and it was never addressed.
    18) OpenURL behavior. When you included the inapp browser you screwed up this behavior. Fix it!
    19) Save As. Please give it back to me!
    20) Resolution independence images. Let us do the resizing.
    21) Placing/moving an actor in the scene gives it long decimal values for x and y position. Make it so that it rounds to the nearest integer.
    22) Moving an instance in a scene change its size attributes to editable forcing us to double click the instance and change them back to prototype values.

With tiles I mean more or less (as I had a conversion with John P)
    You get a whole heap of blocks of art. Then can make many different levels shuffling them around in a certain order so everything looks different and reduces file sizes.

@Tshirtbooth - 2) that'd be great cause you could still test something then 'undo' it if it didn't work.

1) Sub folders for custom art and music categories
    2) Vector importing
    3) Stats bar. So when you're moving an on scene actor you can see all it's attributes on seen location etc.
    4) Prototype - Click a prototype then all of it's version are selected on scene so it's easier to navigate rather then playing with layers.
    5) Save all. Save feature that saves all attributes.
    6) Load all.

These aren't bugs though I suppose but most of them would be pretty easy to incorporate I imagine.

I would like to see a function to interrupt the interpolate behaviour rather then having it take over till it's done :(
    - More behaviours would be nice to, like instead of doing math there can be pre done ones (like moving in a circle) with minor edit options.
    - Custom behaviours for downloads. So people can create their own behaviour and upload it and share a video of it working so people can try it out.
  • ChunkypixelsChunkypixels Member Posts: 1,114
    Now that there's tables, there's no reason why GS couldn't implement a proper tile map system. You could set up your own,depending on how large the tile map would need to be...
  • ozboybrianozboybrian PRO Posts: 2,102
    Yeah lol I realised that about halfway through my comment but felt "eh" I love brining up what i'd love to have lol.

But yes, Bug fixes fixes fixes!