Awesome FREE Photoshop alternative!

AfterBurnettAfterBurnett Member Posts: 3,474
Hey guys,

I've been using a PC for the last year and have been using Paint.Net, which is AWESOME and MUCH easier to use than Gimp. Just got a Mac and have discovered that there is a "port" for OS X... it's called Pinta. Haven't used it in-depth yet but seems great so far.

Here's the link and I hope this helps someone, though it's probably been mentioned before.

http://pinta-project.com/

Comments

• AfterBurnettAfterBurnett Member Posts: 3,474
    I take it back... as soon as I try opening an image, it crashes... same if I create a new one... maybe because of Lion?
  • SlickZeroSlickZero Houston, TexasMember, Sous Chef Posts: 2,870
    I bet this is why it keeps crashing…

URGENT: Due to a lack of Mac OS X testers, Pinta 1.1 is not yet available as a stable release. Please head on over to the Contact page if you have a Mac and are willing to contribute.
    I bet this is why it keeps crashing…

URGENT: Due to a lack of Mac OS X testers, Pinta 1.1 is not yet available as a stable release. Please head on over to the Contact page if you have a Mac and are willing to contribute.
    I bet you're right. That'll teach me not to read! Oh well, back to Pixen ;-)

• Benjamin_m5Benjamin_m5 Member Posts: 646
    @POLYGAMe

Hi there..i use Paint.NET too on my pc to make simple images and ads for my apps because i think it's a great program for FREE. For game graphics, i've learned to draw with vector programs :)

I've found Pinta too,a few months ago and i was happy that i have now a Paint.NET program for mac too. But same here, don't work on lion. This is very sad..but i make now all my images on Windows with inkscape,photoshop and paint.net. Then i load all my images automatically to my dropbox and then when i start my mac i've all my images that i made on windows only a few seconds later on my OSX. This works very good :)
    ---
    Benjamin
    @POLYGAMe

Hi there..i use Paint.NET too on my pc to make simple images and ads for my apps because i think it's a great program for FREE. For game graphics, i've learned to draw with vector programs :)

I've found Pinta too,a few months ago and i was happy that i have now a Paint.NET program for mac too. But same here, don't work on lion. This is very sad..but i make now all my images on Windows with inkscape,photoshop and paint.net. Then i load all my images automatically to my dropbox and then when i start my mac i've all my images that i made on windows only a few seconds later on my OSX. This works very good :)
    ---
    Benjamin
    I think I'll be doing the same. I have Inkscape, too... but I haven't used it yet, though most of my art is pixel art. Pixen's pretty decent for that ;-)

• Benjamin_m5Benjamin_m5 Member Posts: 646
    :) yes..i think pixen is a better choose to make pixel art :)
    ---
    Benjamin