App rejected twice for forced Ad

2»

Comments

• Holderness_Media_IncHolderness_Media_Inc Member Posts: 118
    @Holderness_Media_Inc … how did you do the version changes?

this tool works well: TextFinderX
    Search .91 and Replace with .90 … save as a copy …

also note that .91 has to have been removed or zipped to stop overriding opening projects.

republish with GS … once you resubmit to Apple …
    you can ask to have the review expedited …

image MH

You are a scholar and a saint, sir! The trick was like you said, zipping up GS 0.9.91, once I did that I was able to open and re-publish. Just submitted to Apple and sent out a request for an expedited review. Hopefully I can get Waviary released on schedule now! :D

I'm sending you a PM, you deserve a proper thanks so I'm going to gift you one of my sound libraries, and definitely a code for Waviary if you'd like. Check your messages. :)
  • OmenaboOmenabo Member Posts: 121
    Ok. So this really is a problem. Now my app update got rejected because of playhaven. Same reason. This simply is not working.

I understand you need to get paid for your work on Gamesalad, but it seems that playhaven just won't work. Why use Gamesalad, if you can't even get your apps published?
  • poopdecksweeperpoopdecksweeper Member Posts: 180
    Just got rejected for an update as well! Where can I download 9.91 to downgrade GS?
  • bazookaBenbazookaBen Member Posts: 318
    @poopdecksweeper was your game a paid or free app?
  • bazookaBenbazookaBen Member Posts: 318
    @Omenabo was your game a paid or free app?
  • poopdecksweeperpoopdecksweeper Member Posts: 180
    @bazookaBen I normally switch between free and paid for my apps, but at the time of review my app was $.99 You think that would make a difference?
  • petercoupepetercoupe Member Posts: 94
    I did try the version change, from the latest (mac 0.9.93) down to 0.9.90, but couldn't get it to publish through the GS server at all. I also had the mac error message about having the latest version of SDK installed (which I have).
    So I have given in and decided to wait until I can find the cash to 'go pro'.
    I'm on mac version .93, running Lion on a mac book pro, with the latest x-code and SDK installed. I can publish through .93, but (of course) get all the ads!
    I have emailed Apple today to ask what their position is on the new - reduced - advertising in the final binaries (courtesy of .94) and will communicate their reply when received.
    edited June 2012
    Well, learned today that my resubmitted app (with the splash screen build .94) has been accepted. This was one of the 3 that was rejected because of the ads appearing in .93.
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dont-lose-your-balloon-for/id530894179?ls=1&mt=8
    Another app (for iPad) approved today - built with .94. So, it seems that the reconfiguration of the ads from build .93 has worked. http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mouse-bounce-free/id537047840?ls=1&mt=8
    That's my hat-trick. The 3 apps that had been rejected because of the advertising 'problem' have now been accepted when rebuilt with .94. Now, let's crack the sandboxing issue and you'll have my 300 bucks on your (electronic) doormat before you can say Game Salad!