Stick Viking Conquests- My first game!

SpielgoSpielgo Member Posts: 39
edited April 2012 in Announce Your Game!
I have just released my first game- a castle defense game called Stick Viking Conquests! Check it out know on the gamesalad arcade and give me feedback!

Best Answer

Comments

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    I really like it! I love these types of games!
  • SpielgoSpielgo Member Posts: 39
    Thanks, I worked a LONG time on it. I will be adding new enemy units and the such every once and a while. BTW does the Kongregate version show up? I've been having trouble with it and I don't know what the problem is.
    Nevermind, I fixed the kongregate version.
  • BSideGamesBSideGames Member Posts: 392
    how did you get your game on Kongregate? I thought they only did flash/unity stuff.
  • PsychoticStudiosPsychoticStudios Member Posts: 101
    edited April 2012
    Love the game. One think you should add in the next update is health bars. Health bars for both the castles and for the soldiers. Then I shall love it WITH CAPS LOCK!!!!
    Health bars will be on the top of my list! I also want to add catapults and siege towers for the French People.
    It would be cool if you were able to shoot the arrows depending on where you touch the screen. Have the camera zoomed out a little.
    how did you get your game on Kongregate? I thought they only did flash/unity stuff.
    FOR REALS YO!!!

Uploading your game to Kongregate is actually pretty easy. Sign in to Kongregate and go to the dev part of the website and hit upload game. Instead of a flash game you can submit an iFrame game. You simply enter the url of the game (the url of where it is on the Gamesalad arcade or your website) and submit it. The game will show up as a small window inside the Kongregate website. Good luck!
    It would be cool if you were able to shoot the arrows depending on where you touch the screen. Have the camera zoomed out a little.
    Yeah, that would be great! That's a tricky bit to try to code though.
    It's not that hard. ;)
    Thanks I'll give it a go. I already have a dev account for my one flash game.
  • SlickZeroSlickZero Houston, TexasMember, Sous Chef Posts: 2,870
    That's a pretty cool game. I'll be honest, I didn't expect it to be much, but 30 minutes later I'm still playing it.

Good work!
    That's a pretty cool game. I'll be honest, I didn't expect it to be much, but 30 minutes later I'm still playing it.

Good work!
    Thanks! I'm glad you like it. I worked hard on it!
  • theCodeMonsterstheCodeMonsters Member Posts: 359
    edited April 2012
    Nice Job man, to Quote the Big M,

Ba da ba ba bah, I'm lovin' It :)

It would be really cool to be able to see some of the carnage too as well as health bars but this is really cool.
    Nice Job man, to Quote the Big M,

Ba da ba ba bah, I'm lovin' It :)

It would be really cool to be able to see some of the carnage too as well as health bars but this is really cool.
    Thanks! I don't know if I will include carnage but I will try with the health bars!
    Can some people please rate my game on Kongregate and/or leave some comments about it? There is only one comment on there and it is negative. I would like some better press on that site.

I just submitted an iPhone version of 'Stick Viking Conquests' that should be available Tuesday, April 16. It has a few bug fixes and a battle counter that tracks your number of wins. I will be releasing 5 promo codes on this site when it comes out. It will be 99 cents for everybody else.
  • PsychoticStudiosPsychoticStudios Member Posts: 101
    edited April 2012
    Coolio

by the way something you should add along with health bars is sfx or background music.
    Coolio

by the way something you should along with health bars is sfx or background music.
    Will do! I already have some music ready and am working on the sounds. That will definitely be in the next 1 or 2 updates!
    Love the game. One think you should add in the next update is health bars. Health bars for both the castles and for the soldiers. Then I shall love it WITH CAPS LOCK!!!!
    I have added health bars for the castles and three different difficulty levels.

ENJOY!
  • thebitmasterthebitmaster PRO Posts: 75
    I had a good time with this game for about 20 minutes. Thanks for making it! I'm exploring HTML5 publishing as a way to get more exposure, and seeing how you made your idea fit into that framework was helpful.