gamesalad 0.9.93 causes CPU overload

ecscessecscess Member Posts: 23
edited June 2012 in Tech Support
I've been experiencing some huge problems since I've updated to the latest version of Gamesalad. After just a few minutes of use, my CPU climbs to 100% and the time necessary to develop a project is triple than before. Basically, I cannot use this version of Gamesalad, as opposed to the previous I've tried, and this is a huge problem for me since I'm using this latest version with a pro account. Just to be sure that my computer is not the problem, I've reinstalled and tried a previous version (using both versions in the same tame and also each one separately) and it works perfectly - my processor was never used more than 7%. And in the end it is very frustrating for me because I really cannot use any Gamesalad version - the latest one because of these problems and the previous one because of the lack of editable tables.

Am I the only one experiencing this problem? Can it be fixed...please?

Best Answer

• ImsdleImsdle Posts: 8
    Accepted Answer
    I have the same issue, I'm running an MPB with 2.26 GHz and 8gb of ram and GS is killing me! We need a fix!

Answers

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    What is the machine specs of your Mac?

I have not noticed any CPU usage issues, but in the past GS was an absolute hog when it came to system memory, it's gotten a lot better
  • JustMe74JustMe74 Member, PRO Posts: 542
    I've noticed that after time, it tends to slow down. Especially after opening up actors with lots of rules in them and then closing them (or opening and closing a long list of attributes, etc.) The best fix seems to be to close Gamesalad completely and then re-open it.
  • RacetotheMoonRacetotheMoon Member Posts: 323
    edited June 2012
    Yep, I'm hard pressed to say the memory leak has ever been 'fixed' and depending on the size of your project determines how long it is before you'll need to iterate and restart. I'm nearing the end of another project so I'm down to closing and reopening at least every five minutes.

I'm on a 2008 Macbook Pro with 4 gigs of RAM.

I'm hoping Apple shows new Macbook Pros today. :D If it's a memory leak, odds are it doesn't matter how powerful your machine is, it's going to quickly eat up all available resources until you have to restart.

I want to move my project over to the PC to see if that's any better, but since they haven't given us an export option for that direction I guess that's a no go.

• JustMe74JustMe74 Member, PRO Posts: 542

If it's a memory leak odds are it doesn't matter how powerful your machine is, it's going to quickly eat up all available resources until you have to restart.
    Yup. I have the most powerful iMac currently available (3.4 ghz i7, 16 GB RAM, SSD, etc.) and it still has this problem.