The Wait is Over- Windows Creator Now Open Beta

LaurenSaladLaurenSalad Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 650
edited June 2012 in Working with GS (PC)
Hello everyone, 

The wait is over! Today we are excited to announce that GameSalad Creator for Windows is now available in Open Beta. Interested developers will no longer have to wait for admission to the Closed Beta. Just go to the Windows Creator signup page to join the Open Beta and start the download immediately!

To download Windows Creator simply visit us at  www.gamesalad.com/windows

By entering your email, you will sign up and be prompted to immediately begin the download of GameSalad Creator for Windows.

We’ll have more to share on Windows Creator and related developments in the coming weeks, so stay tuned! 

Download GameSalad Creator for Windows Now!

Comments

• ZoytZoyt Member Posts: 374
    Yay! Thank you!
  • DanDaMan123DanDaMan123 Member Posts: 216
    Does it work for windows xp?
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
  • DanDaMan123DanDaMan123 Member Posts: 216
    ok I'll have to use a different computer then

Thanks
  • nohanmezanohanmeza Member Posts: 1
    hello i have a problem i downloaded the windows version but i dont have a single template
  • LaurenSaladLaurenSalad Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 650
    There are currently no templates available within GameSalad Windows Creator as it is still in Beta.
  • antonymityantonymity Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2012
    Hi there! I just got word about the Windows release and got right to the download! Unfortunately, the program crashes before it can even open :/

Here's what Windows says:

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
    Problem Signature 01: gamesalad.exe
    Problem Signature 02: 0.9.92.0
    Problem Signature 03: 4fc92a6c
    Problem Signature 04: GameSalad
    Problem Signature 05: 0.9.92.0
    Problem Signature 06: 4fc92a6c
    Problem Signature 07: 492
    Problem Signature 08: 182
    Problem Signature 09: System.NullReferenceException
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

What can I do?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Edit: I searched around the forums and found a solution: I had to install Internet Explorer. Once that was in and my machine was rebooted, GameSalad opened right up. Time to play! :D
  • JustMe74JustMe74 Member, PRO Posts: 542
    There are currently no templates available within GameSalad Windows Creator as it is still in Beta.
    So the Mac version is no longer considered "beta" ?

• daniel.robert.campbelldaniel.robert.campbell Member Posts: 251
    I'm sadly getting an error anytime I try to run my project. Is there a specific place we can go to report issues and bugs?
  • LaurenSaladLaurenSalad Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 650
    YES! Look to the footer of our website- you will see a link that reads: Contact Support, under the Support Category.

This is how you can contact our Customer Support department or Report a Bug.
  • When can we expect an update for GS for Windows? There are several bugs in it that are minor annoyances I already saw covered in the feature requests and also some crash fixes would be great. Other than the normal beta growing pains it is WAY WAY WAY nicer to work on than the Mac version if you are an experienced PC Developer already.I get work done it about 5 times faster!
  • sanyiesszsanyiessz Member Posts: 3
    Matroska Splitter mandatory prerequisite was not correctly installed!! Can You help me?
    What should I do??
  • amateurgameramateurgamer Member Posts: 1
    Where can I get the templates? And are any tutorials available? (Not Mac ones please)
  • DivineWorksDivineWorks Member Posts: 1
    Where can I get the templates? And are any tutorials available? (Not Mac ones please)
    I'd also I'd like to ask if the tutorials are "Updated" to the new GS windows creator version as I find the current pdf tutorial confusing because it is showing a different version of a windows creator in the tutorial making it harder and longer to follow.
    I was looking to become a