Scrolling Background

FraggsFraggs Member Posts: 5
edited August 2012 in Working with GS (Mac)
Greetings,

I've poured over the forums to no avail. What I'm looking to do is a top down plane shooter with a background that keeps scrolling. Basically we hand drawn the whole background and we're trying to keep it scrolling. Sounds easy?

By theory we achieve this by making a new layer, inserting image, and having it move a certain speed in the down direction.... and it works! BUT.

The problem we're running into is a) GS won't accept any images larger than 2048. Our maps are on iPad Portrait so you're looking at maps that are 768 x 8000. So they can't be imported. If they could be, this would be the easiest thing in the world.

So our solution is to break them up. Just have a bunch of 768 x 2000 images cut up from the larger big image and have them scroll one after another.

As for the code to do this is where I'm completely lost. I can't get it to work right. I checked out the demo similar threads point to with the trees but I can't make mine work.

Can anyone give me assistance with this? It's been bugging me for two days and production is at a standstill until I can get this rolling.

Thanks so much guys! <3

Comments

• jigglybeanjigglybean Member Posts: 1,584
    I could suggest you try a template. Deepblue apps have a good one, cheap. http://www.deepblueapps.com/Deep_Blue_Ideas_Ltd./GSTemplateVTS.html

I havent a clue how to code/rules/intergers etc etc so purchased a couple of their templates to kick start me and they really do help.

Like Balls? Then click here! We've 100 coming soon

• FraggsFraggs Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for the help. Sadly the template you posted wouldn't work as the background doesn't move at all.

Anyone have a way to accomplish this the proper way?