QuizMe:Logo TV Edition (iOS - free to play)

SparkyidrSparkyidr Member Posts: 2,033
edited August 2012 in Announce Your Game!
Just a heads up. Our free game Quiz:Me Logo TV Edition is out today.
It's totally free, supported by ads, and iap for hints, and ad-removal (although there is also a paid version with no ads too)

It's a logo quiz game, but rather then being a load of logos from obscure foreign banks etc, the logos are all from TV shows :)
Much more fun

Thanks to the power and ease of use of writable tables, we managed to create a fairly robust, scaleable, changeable logo guessing engine. Boom! cheers Gamesalad
(Although searchable tables would have been a bit of a help...lol)
Also, massive props to @tshirtbooth for his coverflow(ish) system that I tweaked a bit for the main parts of this game :)
Enjoy...and as always, feedback from you guys is most welcome.

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/quizme-logo-tv-edition/id553484411?mt=8

Comments

• SparkyidrSparkyidr Member Posts: 2,033
    Did any of you manage to give this a go yet?
  • flapairflapair Member Posts: 67
    Just download it. Going to leave a review on the app store, and it worked fine. The great is great for this type of game! Oh, and did you do everything in one scene? So it wouldn't have to load?
    Basically, each level (channel) is one scene.
    So you swipe around, then when you choose a logo, it sets all sorts of live attributes from the data in a table, and brings on the other bits and bobs that were hidden offscreen.

So there is some loading (masked by playhaven ads) but only when you switch between the levels, and the level selection.
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    I downloaded it - Fun game! I cant seem to get any of them except Batman...Guess that just goes to show that I need to get out more. :P
    ..... I need to get out more

or stay in and watch more TV ;)
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    I got "24", though! I love that show!
  • KiwiLeeKiwiLee Member Posts: 181
    edited September 2012
    Enjoying it so far. Some are really hard.....

I've got some ideas and feedback if you are keen to hear, I'll PM you @Sparkyidr if you wish me to. Let me know.
    yeah, always down for a little feedback :)
  • Fal01Fal01 Member Posts: 460
    Hi, @Sparkyidr,

I am trying to make a quiz game with similar mechanics to yours. but without logo's.

Is it possible you could give me a heads up on how you set up the keyboard?

And how it knows you've typed the right word?

Any help would be appreciated!

It’s not a bug – it’s an undocumented feature

hey @Fal01
    The best thing to do (rather than me prattle on about it here), is watch T-shirt's Boggle tutorial video series. It's fairly long, but pretty much everything I know about word checking I learned from those.

Slightly amended on this game, as I used a table for the letters rather than attributes.

Basically you want some way to record each letter, as well as how many letters you have typed.

Once you have a list of your letters, connect them all together, and pass the result to an attribute. Then check that attribute against whatever you need to check it against to see if its correct or not.

Hope thats a pointer in the right direction. It's a fairly simple (if a little fiddly) process.
    But really.. go watch those videos and you will get it.
    Thank's @Sparkyidr,
    I'll check them out.

Hey @Sparkyidr,

Sorry to bother you again but i'm tearing out what's left of my hair!

I've got as far as checking that the typed word is the same as the intended word, and it works fine so long as you type it in right first time.
    However if you make a mistake and backspace to correct it, it won't recognise it as the right word.

How did you set up your word checker?

Cheers

I'll do a more detailed post when I get chance to get into the project and tell you exactly what I did.. but

it's basically this

I have a table - TB_Typing
    I have an attribute - how many letters
    I have an attribute - current guess

Each time a key is pressed it fills in a cell in "TB_Typing"
    so it sets a table value for TB_Typing for whatever the letter is at column howmanyletters

Then set - howmanyletters = howmanyletters+1

when I backspace, howmanyletters becomes howmanyletters-1

When I hit my check/enter button
    current guess = letter1..letter2..letter3.. etc etc from the table.

Then check current guess against whatever you need to check against.
    In my case, I pull the correct answer from a table and pass it to an attribute called "current_answer"

If they match, thats a correct answer. And I go back to my selection screen, and I initialise everything back to being blank.

Hope that made some sort of sense.
    Thank's @Sparkyidr,

It's this part.
    "When I hit my check/enter button
    current guess = letter1..letter2..letter3.. etc etc from the table."

That I'm having trouble with. How do you extract the letters info from the table?

I've tried- eg. if-NAME CHECK -tom cruise-is- tablecellvalue(game.lettersTB,1,1)..tablecellvalue(game.lettersTB,1,2)..etc

Att RIGHT NAME is TRUE.

But it doesn't work.