Content compliance: failed

joerikerkhofjoerikerkhof Member Posts: 9
How can i change the windows 8 settings charm in gamesalad to do this?

Your app doesn't meet requirement 4.1
Notes from Testers:
B:: A privacy statement was not found in the Description page of the app.
C:: Our reviewer could not find a privacy statement in the Windows Charm settings of this app.

You must also provide access to your privacy policy in the Description page of your app, as well as in the app’s settings as displayed in the Windows Settings charm.

Comments

• SlowboySlowboy Member, PRO Posts: 329
    Same trouble here Joe, have you got it sorted? Can anyone else help?
  • SlowboySlowboy Member, PRO Posts: 329
    Sorry, me again. I assume, like me, that you do actually have a privacy statement and have provided the link to it in the appropriate field when uploading the app to Windows 8? So it appears that the link to the privacy statement is also required in another place that we currently have no access to?
  • LittlePhoenixLittlePhoenix Member Posts: 42
    I also have this problem and have sent off this message to Gamesalad support:

(My Gamesalad app has failed its Windows 8 Store content compliances certification

Windows 8 store certification testers are asking for me to provide a privacy statement for an app I’ve created using Gamesalad and the web publishing component.
    As I understand Gamesalad apps have declared access to network capabilities, could you provide me with a privacy statement I can use regarding this need.
    My Gamesalad app also needs this privacy statement to be provided in the Windows Settings Charm.
    How does Gamesalad handle adding this functionality to the windows “Settings Charm")

I'll let you both know what their reply is when they get back to me, in the mean time let me know if you have had any luck resolving these two issues.

Slowboy could you drop me a link to your privacy statement?
  • funkyj4everfunkyj4ever Member Posts: 74
    @littlephoenix I got almost the same problem. But i think that your problem is that you havent placed a url to a privacy police in the discription page of your app on msdn. I have a problem. That when you click on the contact button or term of use button on the charms page of my app. The app crashes. I post the urls on the gamesalad windows 8 page, and generate but that doesnt work :(. I have already contacted support but takes long xd. Could you maybe check if your app doesnt crash when you go to the charms settings of your app and click on support? and that i opens a website and doesnt crash?
    @funkyj4ever I will check later today if my app crashes when I go into the charms settings. I do need to create a privacy policy and link the url to my Win 8 store description, Gamesalad support have given me an "example" privacy policy that I can tailor to my needs.
    Though they have said:
    "Please be sure to note that GameSalad cannot provide you any legal advice, and you should consult your own attorney in regards to any questions you may have regarding this policy."
    @funkyj4ever hi I checked the Support, Terms of use and Permissions buttons in the charms settings of my app... the strangest thing is that the app crashed the first two times I clicked the support button but after that it seems to work every time! (Terms of use and support were both just my website url) (The permissions info button worked the first time)
    edited November 2012
    @funkyj4ever hi after a little more testing it seems that my Win 8 app crashes in the charms settings if I use a fast mouse click, where as when I use a slow mouse click it opens the url in internet explorer just fine.
    edited November 2012
    @littlePheonix Yes i see it. I clicked it the third time and it works xd. Strange i will submit the game again. I use my own website for privacy policy http://www.appfub.com/FAQ.html. If you want to use it. I will comment again if the app fails or pass
    @LittlePhoenix i worked one time. Now the app still crashes :(. Gamesalad need to fix this. Microsoft wont allow the app with this bug :{.
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    Be sure to report this via contact support link at bottom of web page.
    @fryingBaconStudios already done but it seems that i doesnt have a high priority :(
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    edited November 2012
    Be patient debugging software takes time :-t
    Yes, I will report the bug also, but i think they are working on it now...hopefully get fix before Christmas :-)
  • 8BitAvrin8BitAvrin Member, PRO Posts: 368
    edited February 2013
    Is there any resolution to this problem? I submitted five apps to the Windows store and all of them failed to pass certification(content compliance). One of the problems each one had was 4.1 -The app has declared access to network capabilities and no privacy statement was provided in the Windows Settings Charm.

I had a few other errors too, but I'll be getting my hands on a Windows 8 laptop to check out the other random problems(1.2, 3.2) later, however I provided links to my privacy statement in both of the fields for each app(one in Gamesalad before generating, and one in the Windows app dashboard).

WebsiteTwitter ∞ My apps are available on: Apple iOS App StoreGoogle Play App StoreAmazon App Store

• PPenguinPPenguin Member, PRO Posts: 110
    I have been having the same issues. It would be great to see this work I guess its still not fixed?

How do I get the "privacy policy" to show in the "settings panel" on windows 8. That should be the only issue, I've no idea how to get it to show up. I've linked the privacy policy and did all the required things. Any input on this would be appreciated, thanks!
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    I have been having the same issues. It would be great to see this work I guess its still not fixed?

How do I get the "privacy policy" to show in the "settings panel" on windows 8. That should be the only issue, I've no idea how to get it to show up. I've linked the privacy policy and did all the required things. Any input on this would be appreciated, thanks!

all you should have to do is make sure you have a privacy policy on the publishing page when you click generate app.
  • PPenguinPPenguin Member, PRO Posts: 110

all you should have to do is make sure you have a privacy policy on the publishing page when you click generate app.
    Well, I've tried a variety of different ways and I know that to sign the ".appx" file correctly in there Windws 8 AppSign tool you need to pass in the ".pfx" file NOT ".cer" and everything works. Because when its being tested in a Windows 8 device the 'Privacy Policy' doesnt show up in the 'settings panel.'
  • atxryanatxryan Member, Microsoft Team Posts: 117
    @actswartz
    It looks like GameSalad currently labels the Privacy Policy as "Terms of Use". I'd recommend submitting your app again and noting this in the Notes to Testers. Please also submit a support ticket to GameSalad regarding this issue.