Different Behaviour between GS Viewer and GS Preview?

SDMGSDMG Member Posts: 280
Hi, i have a game where 3 actors jumps into the water... when i play the game within the preview of GS ... everything runs fine.
But when i use the GS Viewer on my ipod ... two actors disappears after 1 sec ... O_O

(?) any idea?

Comments

• SDMGSDMG Member Posts: 280
    so i have made an xcode-build to test the standalone...
    same problem : only 1 actor survives ...

How can i debug this when everything runs fine in the Preview-Window??
  • CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    Can you make a small test case, stripped down of everything but the problem actors and post it to the site?
    Hi CodeMonkey ;)

you can't take the Game i have uploaded to Xcode-Conversion?
    Its the on starting with "F"

... hmm ... oki i will try to clean it up ...

So i post it at games or my iphone-project-page?

Thank You!

SDMG
    Hi CodeMonkey,

its getting complicated now ... ;)

OK first : stripping down, and getting rid of everything but the 3 actors has 1 great advantage:

Performance is much better now!!! (hahaha ;))

AND the actors don't disappear anymore O_o... so i think i have to get this solved on my own anyhow...

BUT: I have found an empty actor and when i delete him the game is crashing!
    no instance of the actor is in the scene but without him nothing works anymore...

AND i have another game that has this magic (empty)actor too but in the scene outside the screen ... i have used him for debugging... displaying variables etc...
    when i delete him nothing runs anymore...

I am little nervous about this little two actors and don't know if its a good idea to release the games leaving them in?

What do you think? Do i have to create both games again??

thank you!

SDMG
    Good job with the performance. :)

I wouldn't say that you should rebuild the game from scratch.

Its up to you. Do you think it will take longer to at least rebuild the scene, or try to figure out what is wrong with the actors that are in the scene(and stuff that spawns stuff).
    Thank You ;))

i will see what else i can delete (3 actors are still left ;)

The thing that makes me nervous is the empty actor... normaly i would think deleting the actor should save the problem but obviously that doesn't work here...

So maybe i will found another actor that is linked to him...
    but i assume that i have again copied and pasted this actor from an other game... hmmm ;(

Any way to get rid of corrupted actors?
    There could be an actor instance that tries to access that other actor instance's info. But I'm not sure how you set your instances up.
    HA!

I have deleted everything but one moving actor1 and my "corrupted" actor...
    Then i have deleted the corrupted actor assuming that the game will freeze...

... i think you already know what happened ;( the actor still moves, my game is alive and i have to find the fault on my own ...

( damn! ;)