State of GameSalad on 7-24-2013

2»

Comments

• DeepBayGamesDeepBayGames Member Posts: 93
    I too place my vote for high priority on a stretch feature.
  • DeepBayGamesDeepBayGames Member Posts: 93
    Is there any chance of getting a rough idea as to when the next stable build will be released? Seems like there's been a lot of headway made since 10.3, and as I near the point of publishing my first game, I wonder if I'd be better to wait for the next release or not.
  • brickamatorbrickamator Member Posts: 316
    Is there any chance of getting a rough idea as to when the next stable build will be released? Seems like there's been a lot of headway made since 10.3, and as I near the point of publishing my first game, I wonder if I'd be better to wait for the next release or not.
    me too
  • SnapFireStudiosSnapFireStudios Member Posts: 1,603
    edited July 2013
    We'll be getting a realease canditate withen two weeks I'd suspect.. not sure for the main release.
    If we're ever going to have once per month releases, the GS team will have to push nightly builds every night or two, candidates after two-three weeks, and then have the main release within a month. Unfortunately, it's been so long since a major release that it's hard to tell if they'll ever reach this mark.

Granted, many of the things they've been doing are housekeeping, hiring, training, and rearranging. However, if things don't speed up after this next release, I'll be a little worried if they ever will. :-S

Just my two cents.
    - Thomas
  • brickamatorbrickamator Member Posts: 316
    We'll be getting a realease canditate withen two weeks I'd suspect.. not sure for the main release.
    If we're ever going to have once per month releases, the GS team will have to push nightly builds every night or two, candidates after two-three weeks, and then have the main release within a month. Unfortunately, it's been so long since a major release that it's hard to tell if they'll ever reach this mark.

Granted, many of the things they've been doing are housekeeping, hiring, training, and rearranging. However, if things don't speed up after this next release, I'll be a little worried if they ever will. :-S

Just my two cents.
    - Thomas
    Agreed. I hope it come out soon. About to buy pro and want a release out for my first game.
  • RPRP Member Posts: 1,990
    Finally got around to checking out the status update. Very nice. Very nice indeed!
  • CodeWizardCodeWizard Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 1,143
    Yeah, I could give you a song and dance about why the release is taking so long. I won't bore you with all that. Once QA gets caught up with what we've been putting into the nightly builds then things will be quite a bit more rapid. We're working on it. :)

You can also publish games with the nightly builds if you like. It's not as well tested as our stable build but it should work well enough. Of course, be sure to test your game on devices to be sure everything is good -- when using the stable builds OR nightly.
  • DeadlySeriousMediaDeadlySeriousMedia ArizonaMember Posts: 838
    @codewizard is there any particular reason GS games shut off all other device sounds? For instance:

-Playing music on device
    -Open GS game
    -Device music is muted
    -Go home and restart music
    -Restart GS game
    -Game Crashes
    -Restart GS game
    -Device music shuts off

Is seems like a silly feature/limitation. Letting the user play their own music while playing your game would be nice.

#foodforthought
  • Team6LabsTeam6Labs Member Posts: 541
    @DeadlySeriousMedia A lot of games have their own music inside the game. It would be nice to have a couple behaviors to control this though.
  • Bad wolf GuyBad wolf Guy Member Posts: 206
    @codewizard am I mistaken or did i read something about revMob being in the works somewhere? Any info on this or was I just seeing things?

Cheers
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    @codewizard am I mistaken or did i read something about revMob being in the works somewhere? Any info on this or was I just seeing things?

Cheers
    there was an unofficial indication it was true. Maybe we'll get some more info in tonight's 'State of Gamesalad'!
  • SnapFireStudiosSnapFireStudios Member Posts: 1,603
    @codewizard is there any particular reason GS games shut off all other device sounds? For instance:

-Playing music on device
    -Open GS game
    -Device music is muted
    -Go home and restart music
    -Restart GS game
    -Game Crashes
    -Restart GS game
    -Device music shuts off

Is seems like a silly feature/limitation. Letting the user play their own music while playing your game would be nice.

#foodforthought
    I know for a fact that at least previously people were able to play their own music with GS. Try it with a blank project? And is this viewer or adhoc?
    - Thomas
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    I'm constantly updating the forums to see the new update, @CodeWizard. ;)
  • iamcarteziamcartez Houston, TexasMember Posts: 648
    No update because we forgot to ask for it in advance this week!!!
  • FajlajpFajlajp Member Posts: 666
    No update @codewizard? :((
  • EireStudiosEireStudios Member Posts: 451
    Oh no, pitchforks at the ready! :!!
  • BoomshackBarryBoomshackBarry Member Posts: 712
    There's only one explanation for this - CodeWizard's been kidnapped! Probably by one of those 'other' game engines... I expect we'll get a ransom note soon.
  • MSEagle2MSEagle2 Member, PRO Posts: 98
    I am pretty sure it's because the camel wasn't at the office today to remind him...

• KevinCrossKevinCross London, UKMember Posts: 1,894

I know for a fact that at least previously people were able to play their own music with GS. Try it with a blank project? And is this viewer or adhoc?
    - Thomas
    I reported this problem with my game recently too. It happens on Adhoc when the splash/load screen first appears, once it's moved to your first scene you can go back to start up your music again and continue playing with the game. Closing the game and re-opening it doesn't stop the music unless it's a complete close that causes the splash screen to show again. I've not tested it in an old version of GameSalad but I have tested games made in older versions and it seems ok so maybe something that slipped in to 10.3
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    See @codewizard I told you this would happen
    Oh no, pitchforks at the ready! :!!
    Well... All good things must come to an end
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    edited August 2013
    Well...here I thought I'd wake up to a nice new thread from CodeWizard. But no...nothing this morning... That's it, I'm moving to Unity.

Braydon is out, peace.

;)

I'm going through State of GameSalad withdraws.
  • CodeWizardCodeWizard Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 1,143
    The rumors of my kidnapping have been grossly overstated. Update incoming in mere minutes. Sorry for the extra long delay.

My excuse? The dog ate my homework...