Needed GameSalad Developer [PAID]

gsprogspro Member Posts: 5
Need to update gamesalad games/apps (add some SDKs) and export to android.
We need to update 100+ apps, for each app update you will get $20-30.

NOTE: You should have GameSalad Pro to be able to build APKs.

It's an easy task for experienced developer.

Please contact me if you're interested.

Comments

• quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    Surely it'd be easier and cheaper to buy pro and do it yourself?

QS

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• CodeMonsterCodeMonster ACT, AustraliaMember Posts: 1,078
    well said @quantumsheep well said.
    30x100 = $3000, so your willing to pay $3000 for someone to update your apps,
    where pro is only $299 a year, so if you buy gamesalad pro you would save yourself $2701
    and if you use that $3000 you were going to spend on someone to update your 100+ apps you could have bought 10 years of gamesalad pro which easily in that time you could update your apps ;) 299x10 = $2990
    but in the end its your choice mate, maybe you'll make another developer happy.
  • -Timo--Timo- Member Posts: 2,313
    Why buy pro yourself for $299 if you also can pay $3000 ;)
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    I love how people assume it's always easy. Porting to Android is never easy as one has to adjust for all the screen sizes. And I find it curious a person with one post has 100 games. Danger will Robinson danger.
  • ElfizmElfizm Member Posts: 489
    And I find it curious a person with one post has 100 games. Danger will Robinson danger.
    Was this even needed
  • JSprojectJSproject Member Posts: 730
    This is so obviously BS that i'm a bit amazed that there has been some replies at all (and why am I wasting some seconds myself writing this.. ;)
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    edited October 2013
    I'd hazard an educated guess that this is our old friend Mateen, banned from GameSalad in the past.

Which could explain why he doesn't just buy pro for himself. And the 100+ apps but one post here.

A simple IP check by a mod to see if the poster is in Canada might confirm that.

A quick google/itunes search for 'Mateen Pekan' or 'Firoozeh Morady' will fill you in on all you need to know.

This was also listed yesterday, which might be a huge coincidence: http://www.sellmyapplication.com/source-code/500-for-200-ios-apps-source-codes-must-buy/

"Listed: October 26, 2013 2:01 PM"

Then there's the fact that one of his email addresses is gsprogramming@yahoo.com - which is another coincidence seeing his username here is gspro, non?

I could be completely wrong about all this of course. My hope is that it *is* him, and he can't update his scammy apps thanks to iOS7 or something.

Wouldn't that be lovely? :D

QS

EDIT: - but aside from all that, wouldn't it be against the GS terms of service to use a pro account to do stuff for non-pro users?

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772
    edited October 2013
    EDIT: - but aside from all that, wouldn't it be against the GS terms of service to use a pro account to do stuff for non-pro users?
    I can't imagine that is the case. As a vendor if I want to use GS for a project for a paying client who does not own or use GS, I must be allowed to do that, right?
  • MantoManto Member Posts: 796
    edited October 2013
    I can't imagine that is the case. As a vendor if I want to use GS for a project for a paying client who does not own or use GS, I must be allowed to do that, right?
    I don't see a problem if you make a game/app from the ground up and publish it for your client. However, I think it's against the TOS to publish a non-pro member's app with Pro features in it, or publish for the pro only platforms.

To my knowledge this job was about updating apps and publishing them for Android, so they should have Pro.
    edited October 2013
    And I find it curious a person with one post has 100 games. Danger will Robinson danger.
    Was this even needed

As you can see from quatumsheeps post it is necessary. A famous man once said always trust but verify. If you go through life too afraid to ask questions of suspicious things you're going to get screwed eventually. As we veterans know there have been a history of scammers who steal games around here. If it was you're game stolen you'd be pretty pissed off. Be glad some of us dare to question the validity of suspicious activity.

Also, it is against TOS to provide Pro features for another GS developer who is non pro. This is not against TOS to do it for third party clients who do not use GS. So say a GS user asks you to add pro features and then put the app through the GS publishing system for them and deliver them a .app with pro features, That is a violation of TOS.

• RPRP Member Posts: 1,990
    Was this even needed

Seriously? Also the name? "gspro"?.

Hmmm so, My name is supper awesome bad-azz game maker-developer guy. I got a bunch of games. I need services. I'm making up pay-rate. Most of all It's EASY. = Reputable developer and/or studio.

Some folks will get this others will not. It is indicative of experience.

• gsprogspro Member Posts: 5
    edited October 2013
    Guys, did you hear about outsourcing?

It's an side project and we've decide to hire someone to do this work to save time.

We have bunch games that need to be updated and we're willing to pay for this work. Where did you find a scam or something like that?? What is wrong with you? You can check anything... IP etc. Nothing to hide here.

If you interested, please PM and/or leave a contact details.
  • SnapFireStudiosSnapFireStudios Member Posts: 1,603
    Don't judge guys...
    I've said before - don't post unless you're actually willing to do the work, let people who are looking for jobs like this judge for themselves whether or not to do it.

- Thomas
  • -Timo--Timo- Member Posts: 2,313
    Hmmm whatever I can't wait to see how this turns out. This person just joined GS and so if you made all these games with GS what long term account did you do it under?
  • gsprogspro Member Posts: 5
    edited October 2013
    I've never told I've made all these games. I'm here to find experienced GS developers who can do the required work. We have a high profile accounts on various freelance sites and we can provide these details to the interested developers we will hire for this project.

Hmmm whatever I can't wait to see how this turns out. This person just joined GS and so if you made all these games with GS what long term account did you do it under?
    We'll then if you're not pro and you have GS files it's against TOS for a pro user to provide you with a published apk. Anyone who does that faces a termination of their account.
  • SnapFireStudiosSnapFireStudios Member Posts: 1,603
    We'll then if you're not pro and you have GS files it's against TOS for a pro user to provide you with a published apk. Anyone who does that faces a termination of their account.
    So wait, if I want to do work for a client, you're saying that they have to actually purchase GS Pro for me to be able to provide them with an apk? I'm just not sure how that makes sense... :-/
    - Thomas
    edited October 2013
    If you'e converting someones GS files to published Android builds yes. Not if you're modifying a GS project file and returning a GS file, as the client would have to put it through the publishing system themselves.this is how you should be doing developer to developer work. If you build a project from scratch and provide it to a client who doesn't use GS then No it's not a TOS violation. Think about it. If it wasn't then other users could just pay you to avoid buying Pro by paying you to provide them with Android publishing by Proxy.
  • CodeMonsterCodeMonster ACT, AustraliaMember Posts: 1,078
    But then again @fryingbaconstudios if you saw my first comment on this post you would know that he actually isn't trying to avoid purchasing gs pro considering that he is willing to pay nearly 3 grand to get his apps updated according to my calculations.

He might just be lazy :/ who knows
    It's still against TOS to take a gamesalad file from a GS user who is not pro and provide an APK. Lazy or not. Hey you can do what you want but if you get caught don't cry when you're account get's terminated.
  • RPRP Member Posts: 1,990
    Fundamentals man. Does anyone actually read their TOS and/or licenses they are supposed to adhere to?

Ultimately these type of things throw up red flags and usher in realms of caution for some people. That being said, there is good reason to call them out and address them when they occur. It's not a tar and feathering. If the poster is legit, they'll have every means to clear it up and clarify their intentions.

Why anyone would tell others not to be skeptical or not to post unless you are willing to do the work is beyond me. Be skeptical, be cautious especially when the work being proposed comes in the format it has been delivered in. It were more verbose, open and less mysterious......you know.

Sure I won't take this job or any others listed via the forums, even if I wanted to I'm tied to binding contracts and have my work cut out for me. Even so, if something seems hinkey, you bet your butt I'll peep up on it.