Experience with ChartBoost and Revmob

Hello friends!, recently tried Revmob and ChaartBoost (together) in my non-game app. My app has about 40 downloads per day and these are the results within 1 month:

Chartboost -> $ 3 (1 install)
Revmob ------> $ 2.50 ($ 0.18 with one install revenue!)

I realized that Revmob pay more in proportion to clicks. Soon I will integrate into my GameSalad games both systems. I think not being a game much less income because the public is not "gamer" but "normal user" and therefore earn so little. Do you think like me? Or am I wrong?

Finally! and requires less for this great step that will GameSalad, I expect my income because I shoot right now with iAd get just $ 10 a month per game (In some only $ 3).

What do you think about these two advertising systems? What are your expectations?

By the way: My app non-game is design with Xcode, not Gamesalad.

Comments

• AppzAppz Member, PRO Posts: 10
    My least downloaded games/apps make 0.05c-0.50c per day on Revmob and higher downloads/bootups make $1-3 per day. From chatting with other developers, a reasonably successful app with a good amount of downloads will make about $9 a day. Very successful apps will of course make $500 per day (here we're talking thousands of downloads and installs). I have however found that I do better in revenue with Chartboost on games but Revmob is more consistent. This is purely Xcode/native games.

Through GameSalad - lol - I've only received one payment so far for June 2013 which was about $37. I make 10 times that amount on Revmob alone. I can't wait for the Revmob and Chartboost integration on GameSalad, should make a huge difference. Let's just hope the payments come a lot sooner ;)
  • FallacyStudiosFallacyStudios Member Posts: 970
    edited December 2013
    @Appz Yea I wish they would hurry up with getting Revmob to us. I'm currently missing out on $20-30 per day for 2 of my GS apps not having functioning ad networks. Potentially missing out on into the 100s per day through the holidays. I will know more accurately on that last figure on my non GS Revmob app and how it performs through the holidays. I do know however that just on the 4th of July alone my revenue x10. I would assume Christmas day and maybe a few days after could peak higher than that.

Speaking of which... GS should comp me a few years of Pro for making me miss out on a straight 2-3 months of ad revenue that would account into the thousands. Not to mention the Mobclix fiasco costing me thousands more that they won't pay because GS wouldn't listen to me about them.
  • aitor010aitor010 Member Posts: 282
    @Appz its so good! I said that my app is a non-game app, actually I have about 50 games (I was developing about 1 year) and I am waiting for upload my games with GameSalad revmob chartboost integration!!! :D
    @FallacyStudios and you definitely need revmob chartboost asap!
    I do not know how many downloads have a day (you can say them?) But you're losing money!.
    By the way, what percentage of users download an app from your app? For example 1%, 2%, 3%, 4%, 5% ..... n of the total. You gotta check some arithmetic mean? I think it would be useful for many people.
    @aitor010 Yea I know... I'm hemorrhaging revenue daily for months now. That is why I have been hammering GS to stop dragging their feet with Revmob. Between Mobclix out of business and all that I lost from them. Along with iAd refusing to serve ads to my app on Apple's market (even though I have given them in the 100 thousands of impressions) I have no means to generate income from the free versions.

I would rather not go in depth on the number of downloads or my actual revenue figures. I was only giving a range because I want GS to see how some of us really are losing money everyday they waste not giving us the finished solid ad networks.

Analytics wise, it depends. Generally my CTR with interstitial is around 20% and 1% with banners. (The banners are so low because it is an app with numerous pages so eventually users stop clicking banners and the figures get diluted). This is however, with my app built outside of GS. Since it is not a game, it generally does a bit lower income wise than the GS game I'm referring too. The game I don't currently have any accurate analytics because no ads are being served.
    @FallacyStudios see my graphic http://s2.subirimagenes.com/imagen/previo/thump_8748757install.png
    I had 2 install but revmob not pay to me, do you know why? My CTR is about 7%. I saw that revmob pay more by clicks but install $ 0, chartboost $ 0 by click and $ 2 - 3 abobut installs, Honestly, I only had 3 install with chartboost this months. What is your opinion? Why revmob not pay to me install?
    @aitor010 Not sure what you mean. Says you generated revenue. 5 cents, 6 cents, 14 cents, 8 cents, and 7 cents. If they haven't paid you its because you haven't reached their payment threshold and that revenue would just carry over.

If you are asking why you didn't receive more for the install... maybe your not being paid based on installs and are being paid based on CPC. In which case you have only had 31 click throughs.
    @FallacyStudios that means that advertisers can choose CPC or CPI? Ok, then I guess I will be so. I meant revenues facilities as I had 2 and I paid nothing!.
    Anyway GS will be integrated into both platforms at once and show first chartboost revmob and then as I do in my Xcode application correct? If so, does not matter, someone will have to install (I think).
    The big question: When integrated Chartboost and Revmob? I've been tinkering with the Builty Night all day and find nothing! I tried to ask in the forum but it seems that no one knows about it.
    @FallacyStudios that means that advertisers can choose CPC or CPI? Ok, then I guess I will be so. I meant revenues facilities as I had 2 and I paid nothing!.
    Anyway GS will be integrated into both platforms at once and show first chartboost revmob and then as I do in my Xcode application correct? If so, does not matter, someone will have to install (I think).
    The big question: When integrated Chartboost and Revmob? I've been tinkering with the Builty Night all day and find nothing! I tried to ask in the forum but it seems that no one knows about it.
    I have no idea. Based on the image you put up, it says you earned revenue. Total it adds up to like $0.40.

I'm completely confused with what you mean by: "Anyway GS will be integrated into both platforms at once and show first chartboost revmob and then as I do in my Xcode application correct? If so, does not matter, someone will have to install (I think)."

Chartboost and Revmob in GS will likely work similar to Mobclix. You just checkmark it and add in your UUID number that Revmob or Chartboost provides you in the publishing server.

They aren't in the Nightlys. I already checked. I saw that they did mention it was, but they were probably having issues so removed the server side option and they also removed mention of it in the threads. Odds are you will have to wait until 11.0 for a stable version to publish with as that is when they plan on releasing them. So most likely another month or two :\
    Right, Revmob not pay per install, only per click, then I prefer iAd, with iAd I win about $ 10 - 30 to month per app and Revmob this month by example $ 4 :( (My downloads is from USA)
    I think that Revmob is if you have much users but if you havent much users is better chartboost, what do you think? if the 2% install a game of all your downloads can be much money not?. By the way, how is chartboost in Android?
    @Appz for mini-games what is your recommendation? chartboost or revmob? mini games of 10 levels (initial). Revmob say to me that they pay only per click, not per install.
  • AppzAppz Member, PRO Posts: 10
    aitor010 - In terms of revenue on my native games, I use both Chartboost and Revmob on boot up, pause and game over. I consistently make more on Revmob on a daily basis, Chartboost seems to peak at weekends. Revmob pays on impressions and clicks, Chartboost only pays on installs. Rather than choose between the two, use both to maximize daily revenue. As an aside, Applovin and Playhaven suck - I've tried and split tested just about every ad network and Revmob and Chartboost still come out tops.
  • FrantoFranto Member Posts: 779
    @Appz What about Leadbolt?
  • AngryBoiAngryBoi Member Posts: 586

Can any of you help me setup RevMob for my app? Thanks

• imGuaimGua Member Posts: 1,089

I like that chartboost has visually appealing ads, but it has a huge disadvantage of delivering a limited amount of ads, at least for my country. I mean, for an app, sometimes it can show only one ad for 24 hrs.

RevMob delivers unlimited amount of ads, but often it has visually unappealing ads and often it shows ad of only one game (at least for my country). I mean, if app should show like 30 ads from start to finish, all those 30 ads can promote only one game.

For my future ads I will probably start using Chartboost for a start ad, and revmob for in game interstitial ads.

• gojiradamgojiradam Member Posts: 2

BE CAREFUL WITH CHARTBOOST!!!

IV'E ASKED HELP FROM SUPPORT AND THEY TOLD ME TO CLOSE THE ACCOUNT OR PAY THEM MONEY THAT I NEED TO GIVE THEM BACK!!!

THEY HAVE NO LIMITS AND TALKING WITH THEM IS LIKE TALKING TO A WALL.

http://iphonedevsdk.com/discussion/123100/which-ad-network-will-be-best-from-this-list-for-a-game/