Comments

• JSprojectJSproject Member Posts: 730

Cool intro, reminds me of an old game by the name of "The Incredible Machine". Nice work.

• CodeMonsterCodeMonster ACT, AustraliaMember Posts: 1,078

looks awesome, have watched a few minutes of it so far and will watch the rest tomorrow

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

Yeah teaching multiplayer as a whole is going to take hours of video. Building a multiplayer game is no easy task. I estimate it's twice a difficult as building a regular game and a steep learning curve.

• GameLabs222GameLabs222 Member Posts: 197

@The_Gamesalad_Guru‌ this is going to be extremely useful. Thank you so much to all those who have been waist deep in multiplayer, much respect.

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

Very informative to those new to multiplayer, Dave. Well done. Multiplayer is most definitely a whole different beast -- it'll be interesting to see how many actually use it.

• GameLabs222GameLabs222 Member Posts: 197

@Braydon_SFX‌ Yeah I've wanted to get my hands dirty with it but Gamesalad is still teaching me new things every day. I kind of look at like the Wild West... Enticing but definitely a new beast.

• unbeatenpixelunbeatenpixel Game Developer Member, PRO Posts: 568

thank you.I watched all tutorial video of you.

multiplayer is very exciting progress but also very difficult.we need lots of tutorial about it.

Check out my games on the App Store!

Wordgraphy / Polycolor / 20 Seconds / Minimal Maze

Gamesalad needs to fix a few bugs before I can proceed.

• LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,880

Thanks! I haven't had time to look at mp or even at this video but this is an awesome help. (I am building a new kitchen and it takes a lot of time boohoo)

• scottharrrules43scottharrrules43 Tulsa, OklahomaMember, PRO Posts: 694

@The_Gamesalad_Guru‌, are u making another multiplayer video?

They have to fix the table bugs first.

• Quantum MechanixQuantum Mechanix Member Posts: 19

Hey, I don't have PRO but I am setting up multiplayer before I go PRO to sell it. Could you leave me a project with just a dump of all the network behaviors. Get back to me soon @The_Gamesalad_Guru

No that would be against the TOS.

• RPRP Member Posts: 1,990

Wow. Wow.....wow.

• KjakaKjaka Member, BASIC Posts: 11

I'm sorry to have to leave this comment here. Gamesalad guru, I do really appreciate your knowledge and willingness to share it, but I have never seen such incapability of presentation. I am literally waiting for you to finish your sentences. I shouldn't be waiting, I should be listening all ears. Such a topic and such information, You shouldn't be showing attributes and reading their names or explaining what they do. These can be understood with a little attention, they do write their names accordingly, I believe you should show the usage of these functions only. That should be the reason that this is a video! I really do not mean to offend you in any way, but i couldn't finish the tutorial because there is 20 mins of explaining in 33 mins, like a lecture. I believe tutorial should show! Thank you for your work, please take this as a positive feedback.

Everyone one learns differently. I don't take offense at all. I simply see you explaining how you would like to be taught. Others who are very green to GS and logic coding et... Always express a need for more detailed explanation. Having spent years helping out users on the forum, I have come to understand that. I do try to balance both worlds, which can be tricky. Without making two different videos, one for more knowledgable users and one for less. You'll never make everyone happy. I have refined my process as I go on. I don't script my videos or do tons of takes, that is how you would really do a solid video series. Since I do this in my limited spare time, I do this off the cuff from my own knowledge and only do retakes when I mess up something. If I was doing it as a business or charging for the videos I would invest the hours that would be involved in making tight videos. I hope this gives you an understanding of my process.

• SummationSummation Member, PRO Posts: 476

@The_Gamesalad_Guru said:
    Everyone one learns differently. I don't take offense at all. I simply see you explaining how you would like to be taught. Others who are very green to GS and logic coding et... Always express a need for more detailed explanation. Having spent years helping out users on the forum, I have come to understand that. I do try to balance both worlds, which can be tricky. Without making two different videos, one for more knowledgable users and one for less. You'll never make everyone happy. I have refined my process as I go on. I don't script my videos or do tons of takes, that is how you would really do a solid video series. Since I do this in my limited spare time, I do this off the cuff from my own knowledge and only do retakes when I mess up something. If I was doing it as a business or charging for the videos I would invest the hours that would be involved in making tight videos. I hope this gives you an understanding of my process.

This is exactly what so many people don't seem to understand. People like @The_Gamesalad_Guru are doing these tutorials on their own time using their own resources and knowledge because they generously want to try to give back to the community. Not because they want to be the subject of deconstructive criticism. Not that the Guru was bothered by that nonsense anyway. o:)

• KjakaKjaka Member, BASIC Posts: 11

I agree and I apologise for my stupidity, seems like I was having a bad time this morning.

I don't take offense. I know well as someone with a degree in radio and television that I could produce way better videos with the appropriate time involved in producing such quality content. Generally video tutorials that are for sale are completely scripted and meticulously produced and edited. I do posess the skill and equipment to produce such a product but as I explained above that is not feasible or reasonable in providing a free product. I must be getting it half right with 600+ subscribers..lol

• sebmat86sebmat86 Member Posts: 339

Awesome stuff!! Would be cool to make a MP game one day. Thanks for making this.

• is there any way that I can watch the video because it shows "it is private" now. thanks
    And I'm planning to create a multiplayer game, but don't know what's the steps. If anyone can briefly introduce the process, that will be perfect. thanks so much.

@all.in.one.amandaip@gmail.com said:
    is there any way that I can watch the video because it shows "it is private" now. thanks
    And I'm planning to create a multiplayer game, but don't know what's the steps. If anyone can briefly introduce the process, that will be perfect. thanks so much.

This feature of gamesalad was dropped.

• elementappdevelementappdev Member, PRO Posts: 55

@The_Gamesalad_Guru its says the video is unavailable :/ any way I can see it?

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

Since the feature is not currently supported in GS, the video wouldn't be of any use to you.