Do you support Arabic language?

ieddinieddin Member Posts: 4

I just finished my quiz in Arabic Language ,but i had a problem which is the Arabic words written in a wrong way.
please help me

Answers

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

What you mean, wrong way? Can you give more detail?

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685
    edited August 2014

@ieddin said:
    I just finished my quiz in Arabic Language ,but i had a problem which is the Arabic words written in a wrong way.
    please help me

I have built 10 games in Arabic however I dont speak the language. Two of the games were word games.

What exactly do you mean by "written a wrong way?" Arabic reads right to left so that could be your issue and also the arabic symbols can be made from and are created differently in different programs too. I had an issue once where I used tables and a contraint to show a word tile, because the tile names were in arabic with some tiles they never shown even thou the symbols matched. This was because the table was built on a different computer and when the game was compiled they symbol was the same but the code used to create the symbol was different. so wasnt a match.

• ieddinieddin Member Posts: 4

wrong, i mean the alphabets is separated from each other like this word.In Arabic we combine the alphabets together.like this example
    الشمس which is right
    ا ل ش م س is wrong so and this is my problem.
    thank you for your replay

How are you making these works? Is it a display text? You need to explain a bit more if we can help you here.

@gingagaming said:
    How are you making these works? Is it a display text? You need to explain a bit more if we can help you here.

I'm making quiz game so i wrote the table with questions and answers .

edited August 2014

You cant help someone who doesnt want help.

• apitlekaysapitlekays Coventry, United KingdomMember Posts: 67

1 way of solving this problem is to make the words into art using any image manipulation software e.g. illustrator, photoshop. But this will render editing the words to be quite impossible. I don't think GameSalad software knows how to merge arabic letters.

Dat GameSalad Research Guy :D

sorry gingagaming , i wrote a replay but for some reason didn't appear .
    I made a word quiz using the table , in the table everything was perfect but when i test the game i see the letters are separated from each other . like this example حليب this is the right way , but it appear in like that ح ل ي ب which is wrong

@ieddin said:
    sorry gingagaming , i wrote a replay but for some reason didn't appear .

Your reply was there but it was joined into the quote. You must hit enter twice to separate your reply from the quote. :)

My comment was referring to the amount of info you was disclosing. Your question is very limited and I can prob guess that only a handful of members here could give you the answer out of the tens of thousands of members as your problem is unique and not an everyday issue that a game maker would have.
    I'm trying to take the time to answer your question and help you. However your not helping me by telling me what the problem is in full!

I made a word quiz using the table , in the table everything was perfect but when i test the game i see the letters are separated from each other . like this example حليب this is the right way , but it appear in like that ح ل ي ب which is wrong

Still a vague answer, to display these letters or words you must have rules. You will be displaying them either by a picture or a text output like the display behaviour. How are you getting the table information from the table to the screen?

Try this, make a new table. Make the number of rows and columns how they need to to be but don't type any Arabic in the table. Type some English text instead and full out 2 rows in English remembering where each value is. (So put apple in row1, col1, pear in row1, col2, etc.

Now save the project and close it down, right click the project and goto "show package contents" open this up and find your table in the tables folder.

Open up the file and you will see a bunch of code. Look for your English words. When you find apple. Replace it with an Arabic work. Do the same for all the words you inputed.

Then close the folder and launch the GS file. Then try to display the Arabic table cell value row1 col1 and see how this displays.

Let me know the results.

• RawanAlodehRawanAlodeh Member Posts: 51

@ieddin said:
    please help me

can you help me >>i am trying to develop GAME in arabic language ?
    send me things on my email: ayah_nasir@hotmail.com
    ممكن تساعدني الله يعافيك

• kobayaashikobayaashi Member, PRO Posts: 143

@ieddin I've recently been working on translated versions of a couple of my puzzle-based games. This was fine when I was translating languages using a latin script [French, Italian, Welsh, German etc], but I ran into problems with Hindi and Arabic.

I tried using tables, inputting from a relevant keyboard style, but I'm not sure how to then embed the appropriate fonts to allow the 'display text' rule to function properly.

I ended up converting numbers and words into images, and calling them via table values. I dare say there's a better way of doing things, but it's all I could think of, and it works for me.

I understand about the difficulties of representing non-latin scripts - with certain letters joining to others, it's almost like a complicated version of cursive writing, which I doubt can be remedied by calling values from a table.

Good luck with your quiz game, by the way. :smile: