ERROR ITMS-9000 bundle not signed using apple submission certificate, error please help

Hi there

I've been trying to upload my app to iTunes connect but i keep getting the following error

ERROR ITMS-9000: the bundle ' blah blah blah' is not signed using an apple submission certificate. " at SoftwareAssets/SoftwareAsset(MZitmspSoftwareAssetsPackage)
i took a photo and edited out all the sensitive parts but i can't figure out how to upload so had to write it lol.

so the stage I'm at now, I've registered the game on iTunes connect and been through the process of getting the distribution certificate from them, I've made a distribution provisioning profile. when i uploaded the game to gs website i signed the app with the bundle id copy and pasted from iTunes connect, i then selected the distribution profile from the drop down menu.
every time i try upload the app it gets to the last part and i get this message.

I'm sure I've done everything right but I'm a little confused about this keychain access thing, I'm a new mac user so still getting my head around things. am i right in thinking that keychain access is where all your passwords are stored and theoretically i could delete everything in there and the computer would be ok, all i would loose is website passwords and certificates and things?? stuff that will be saved again anyway??

when i was following the steps to set up the distribution certificate it was saying go into keychain access and do this and that and i had a hard time following so the problem may lie in there somewhere
i havent a clue though, this whole app making experience has been quite pleasant until now, spent the whole day on this yesterday and no doubt the rest of tonight.

Thanks for reading, any help would be greatly appreciated

Answers

• MaczillaMaczilla Member Posts: 9

righty so i did a little research about keychain access and I'm a little wiser now, i deleted the folder for kca and started again. The computers fairly new so i haven't lost much

i have been through this guide and followed it to the T [https://help.gamesalad.com/hc/en-us/articles/202044606-3-2-Creating-a-Distribution-Profile]

went to upload and bam exactly the same error message again, what am i doing wrong??
    i didn't have any of these problems when i was testing my apps on devices. there must be something I've missed.
    even with new certificates and provisioning profile i get the same problem, bundle id is correct, using exactly the same as whats on iTunes connect and selecting the distribution profile when I'm signing the app.

im not using pro version yet as this is more of a test app before my game release, glad i decided to do this now, would be going mental if i was trying to put my game on lol. when everything is all up and running and my game is ready for release ill deco be going pro

Right then so I finally got to the bottom of it first try today, for anyone that's here looking for an answer this is how I did it, some of these steps may not apply to you but this is worked for me.
    I deleted some things and xcode wouldn't reload it would just say it couldn't recognise the format or something so I had problems there as well,
    This worked so much easier than manually getting the certificates. I'm fairly sure it's done everything properly, after all xcode did most of the work in the end

1) I revoked all my certificates and deleted all provisioning profiles in the dev centre
    2) delete all certificates and entries in keychain access(new computer so I just deleted everything in KCA)

3) deleted all provisioning profiles in xcode by going to finder and going to ~/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning\ Profiles and deleting everything in there

4) I went to ~/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/ and deleted everything in there, this may not be necessary but I had a couple of similar named apps I tried to make in xcode that are now dead so I deleted it anyway, not planning on using xcode much delete delete delete

5) start up xcode and click where it says xcode in the top left, click preferences, make sure you are signed in and click view details in the bottom right,
    Then just click the little refresh button on the bottom left,
    This then re made my dev and distrobution certs. Click done

6) go to the dev portal and create an app Id with the same bundle Id as the one I registered on itunes connect

7) back to xcode and hit refresh like in step 5, and wait for the app Id to pop up

8) back to the dev portal and create a provisioning profile for distribution to App Store, Use the same bundle Id as the one on itunes connect

9) back to xcode and hit refresh and wait for the provisioning profile to pop up

10) then off to gs website to build the app and sign it with the same bundle Id

11) compress and send, boooom job done worked like a charm

• motorcycle boymotorcycle boy Member Posts: 429
    edited July 2014

Dude I'm getting the same error message. It's saying my naming convention is incorrect due to using special characters. The special characters it is referring to are generated by Apple and not me. It's called the "prefix" I feel this is some kind of bug on Apple's end in my situation, but I hope I don't have to go through all of what you had to!

• BigeaterBigeater SingaporeMember Posts: 35

when i publish my second game,i also have faced the same error, and i understand how you feel as new mac user (cos i am one of them as well)... stay clam and ensure that after you have generated your file, click on the DISTRIBUTION PROVISIONING PROFILE u created after refreshing Xcode.i personally wasted a day assuming i am clicking the correct distribution provisioning file... well you are almost there.. keep it up! :)

Do you know I'm still not sure what I had done wrong, after doing the stuff in the instructions above I have had no trouble though.

I just use Xcode to refresh now and it seems to be doing the trick
    I also name my provisioning profiles better now like gameName_dev and gameName_dist that way you don't end up wondering what one is what when your looking at a list of the same names lol

• OakgroundsOakgrounds Member, PRO Posts: 28
  • i was getting the same issue. i performed a restore on my mac and it worked just fine

• mmaaxxiimmaaxxii Member Posts: 1

@Maczilla said:
    Right then so I finally got to the bottom of it first try today, for anyone that's here looking for an answer this is how I did it, some of these steps may not apply to you but this is worked for me.
    I deleted some things and xcode wouldn't reload it would just say it couldn't recognise the format or something so I had problems there as well,
    This worked so much easier than manually getting the certificates. I'm fairly sure it's done everything properly, after all xcode did most of the work in the end

1) I revoked all my certificates and deleted all provisioning profiles in the dev centre
    2) delete all certificates and entries in keychain access(new computer so I just deleted everything in KCA)

3) deleted all provisioning profiles in xcode by going to finder and going to ~/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning\ Profiles and deleting everything in there

4) I went to ~/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/ and deleted everything in there, this may not be necessary but I had a couple of similar named apps I tried to make in xcode that are now dead so I deleted it anyway, not planning on using xcode much delete delete delete

5) start up xcode and click where it says xcode in the top left, click preferences, make sure you are signed in and click view details in the bottom right,
    Then just click the little refresh button on the bottom left,
    This then re made my dev and distrobution certs. Click done

6) go to the dev portal and create an app Id with the same bundle Id as the one I registered on itunes connect

7) back to xcode and hit refresh like in step 5, and wait for the app Id to pop up

8) back to the dev portal and create a provisioning profile for distribution to App Store, Use the same bundle Id as the one on itunes connect

9) back to xcode and hit refresh and wait for the provisioning profile to pop up

10) then off to gs website to build the app and sign it with the same bundle Id

11) compress and send, boooom job done worked like a charm

Thx my friend!!!