Release Candidate 0.12.5 is available!

BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

Release Candidate 0.12.5

Fixes:

• Fixed Android and Kindle apps crashing if Chartboost was selected during publishing
  • Fixed Save Table behavior not working on app re-launch.

Report Any Bugs
If you find bugs in the Release Candidate, let us know! We'll be watching the forums, support tickets and bug database for info on this. Once we're all happy with the state of the build then we'll make it stable.

Take a moment to review the "known issues" section of the release notes before reporting any bugs. No need to duplicate reports on what we already know, right?

Thanks for your help!

Go Get It!

See the release notes here:

http://gamesalad.com/download/releaseNotes/creator/rc

Download the release candidate here:

http://gamesalad.com/download/releases

Scroll down until you see "Release Candidates"

Comments

• clee2005clee2005 http://Donkeysoft.caMember, PRO Posts: 194

@BlackCloakGS‌ Any suggestions on how I might work around this issue that 0.12.x.x has brought for my projects with large (20,000 rows or so) tables? Right now I can't open my projects at all, it just spins for a long time and eventually (3-4 minutes) will get into the game. When I save it's also a very long time. If I remove the tables, then everything is fine.

None of this is an issue in 0.11.x.x

I know you guys are busy with other issues, but if there's any suggestions on how I can try to work around this I'm all ears. I did try exporting, deleting the tables, and reimporting, but that didn't seem to change things.

Thanks.

• dgackeydgackey Austin, TXInactive, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 699

@clee2005‌ do we have a copy of your project file in a support ticket or bug report?

Dan Magaha · COO · GameSalad, Inc · danm@gamesalad.com

• colandercolander Member Posts: 1,610

@BlackCloakGS when I change scene in an ad hoc build I get "Unexpected Error:null" when I click "OK" the game closes. The music isn't playing and some sounds aren't playing either.

I have a Google Play alpha build being distributed now which I should be able to test later today but I expect it will have the same issue.

• clee2005clee2005 http://Donkeysoft.caMember, PRO Posts: 194

@dgackey said:
    clee2005‌ do we have a copy of your project file in a support ticket or bug report?

I did log a ticket and provided a link to one of the projects that displays this behaviour. Do you need to project attached to the ticket as well?

edited September 2014

@BlackCloakGS in an ad hoc build on iOS when I click my leaderboard button (Which runs the actions Platform - Login/Post Score/Show Leaderboard) I get the message "This application is not recognised by Game Centre" and no leaderboard is displayed and I assume a score is not posted.

I tried logging out of my sandbox account and opening the game and logging in again it didn't change anything. I also have "Sandbox" on in Settings\Game Center.

***EDIT: This issue is only on my devices running iOS 8 but on an older device which runs iOS 7 it works.

@BlackCloakGS a Buy Item IAP on both iOS 7 and 8 process through all the Apple popups confirming the purchase then a final popup I haven't seen before saying "Warning Purchase transaction xxxxxxxx could not be validated blah blah...".

My code treats it as a successful purchase and completes the Buy Item action.

• wanegroupwanegroup Member, PRO Posts: 84
    edited September 2014

@colander said:
    BlackCloakGS a Buy Item IAP on both iOS 7 and 8 process through all the Apple popups confirming the purchase then a final popup I haven't seen before saying "Warning Purchase transaction xxxxxxxx could not be validated blah blah...".

My code treats it as a successful purchase and completes the Buy Item action.

I get this same error too - when I switch to another test user who has never before bought the iAP - there is no longer that error. Strange.

Posted it here the other day - started for me with 12.4:

http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/72565/warning-purchase-transaction-xxxxxxxxx-could-not-be-validated-with-receipt#latest

iOS Apps/Games: Factoids | SkyGunner | TriSideX

• yattamoveyattamove Member Posts: 236

I have the same error. I used 11.1.11 beta though.

@colander said:
    BlackCloakGS in an ad hoc build on iOS when I click my leaderboard button (Which runs the actions Platform - Login/Post Score/Show Leaderboard) I get the message "This application is not recognised by Game Centre" and no leaderboard is displayed and I assume a score is not posted.

I tried logging out of my sandbox account and opening the game and logging in again it didn't change anything. I also have "Sandbox" on in Settings\Game Center.

***EDIT: This issue is only on my devices running iOS 8 but on an older device which runs iOS 7 it works.

• MarchiefMarchief Member, PRO Posts: 98

Getting reports from android testers that the game crashes every 4 to 5 scene changes, any one else get this? On Ios 8 after around 30 scene changes and it sometimes randomly closes. Could this be an issue with my game specifically? Ran fine before on 11.11

• blagdonappsblagdonapps Somerset, EnglandMember, PRO Posts: 37

I'm still getting trouble with tables not loading correctly when restarting the game on android, haven't tested iOS yet. I use two tables to collect scores & times and the second table is not loading correctly on restarting the game. First table now loads correctly(where this didn't on 12.4) it seems now to be only second table i am having trouble with. Ran fine before on 11.11

I should have probably said I use several tables, a table for my level design (most cases a separate table per level), a scores and times table and a specials table.

• BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239
    edited September 2014

had apps handed in to apple with
    using chart boost and iAds
    all 10 apps got rejected because IDFA identifier was checked but the use of ads could not be found by the apple review team.

Is there a variable they check which might not is up to date
    or is it just a lazy reviewer which isn't waiting 60 seconds for the appearance of the chart boost ads.

i even mentioned in the reviewer contact box of all 10 apps that the ads appear every 60 seconds in the menu not during play sessions.

Apple is really annoying since 3 weeks.
    Got multiple rejections which go through by unchecking the IDFA checkbox
    but I think chart boost requires them checked.

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685
    edited September 2014

Bug found with RC 0.12.5

Unable to log in the Bug Data as this version is not listed @BlackCloakGS‌

Bug: Change Scene Button doesnt work if Chartboost Ads are added to build in publishing.

How to replicate: Upload any game to publishing, Select Android, and select Chartboost Start up Ads and Interstitial Ads, Download, install and the change scene behavior fails. Game cannot proceed.

How to fix: Dont add Chartboost ads.

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

@gingagaming‌ added 0.12.5 to the version list you can now add you bug to the database

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

Just adding my voice here, tables seem to be causing extra long load times on my android build. It will load just fine when freshly installed, but after playing for a bit, filling some tables and then exiting and trying to load it just gets stuck trying to load the scene with load tables. Added a comment to the bug in the database.

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• squirrel42squirrel42 Member, PRO Posts: 195

@BlackCloakGS This build is altering some of my image files, it seems to be 'lightening' some files and not others. All files are the same image format etc and were fine in previous builds and have not been changed between builds, has the way the binaries are built or images processed been changed for this version?

• jamies15-3jamies15-3 Member Posts: 94

@squirrel42‌ I'm having the same issues.

• greenentcogreenentco Member, PRO Posts: 12

@blackcloakgs what happen to 0.12 beta? is it not stable or has errors? I just submitted my binary to apple. Can I use this release candidate to publish on Google?

• lycettebroslycettebros Member, PRO Posts: 1,598

@greenentco said:
    blackcloakgs what happen to 0.12 beta? is it not stable or has errors? I just submitted my binary to apple. Can I use this release candidate to publish on Google?

The general advice is not to publish with Release Candidates or publish at your own risk.

@greenentco said:
    blackcloakgs what happen to 0.12 beta? is it not stable or has errors? I just submitted my binary to apple. Can I use this release candidate to publish on Google?

I have published to apple with 12.5 RC as it has fixed the table and Chrtboost issues (been playing through test flight very happily) and also to see if it passes the IDFA checks, Android version is still unusable for me with 12.5 as the chartist / load table issues still prevent gameplay

• supafly129supafly129 Member Posts: 454

If we saved our games under the 12.4 stable release (which has now become a release candidate), will this cause problems in opening files when the next stable release becomes available?

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@Back2Code Can you clarify please.

Have you just submitted an 0.12.5 iOS build to Apple that has been accepted?

Or, are you still waiting to see if it passes the IDFA checks?

Thanks, we are all so anxious to get on with submissions that we are dying for an "All Clear"!

• BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239

Sounds like that chart boost are no triggered or change scene doesn't work in order to trigger the appearance of the ads.

Could be the reason for the rejection of my apps by apple.
    Since the Ads can not be found but the IDFA is checked.

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250
    edited September 2014

Update: We have just submitted fixe for unicode and tables to QA. I have also sent to them a change that supports the new launch screen resolution for iPhone 6/plus and the @3x art (native iPhone 6 plus resolution support). Hopefully we can get an RC out to you guys soon. I am still looking at chartboost/android issues today. Please let me know if I have missed any issue by posting bug links(bugs in our public bug database) here in this thread. We are working very hard to get a stable build out to you guys soon.

Thank you for your continued patients .

edited September 2014

@BlackCloakGS‌

Bug: Some Android devices when built with 0.12.05 crash when the go in to standby/hibinate mode. When switched back on it just shows a blank black screen.

How to replicate: Load game, leave for a few minutes to go in to standby/hibinate mode. Then turn device back on and just a black screen. Game hangs with no exit

Possible causes: Unknown. The game does use a lot of tables however, the game will crash after just sitting on the menu screen where no tables have been accessed at all or referred to.

Known Device Crash: Samsung S4 & Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
    How often: Everytime

Device doesnt crash on a Hudl HT7B16S3
    How Often: Never

Chartboost: No
    Revmob: No

Last known AND TESTED run is on 0.11.1.11 When built using the current Engine and old version of GS it works fine and never crashes.

Bug Reported: http://bugs.gamesalad.com/show_bug.cgi?id=327

• pokapolapokapola Member Posts: 143

Has anyone tried to publish for Kindle with Chartboost enabled? Is it working?

@pokapola said:
    Has anyone tried to publish for Kindle with Chartboost enabled? Is it working?

Its not working on Android build so I would guess its not on Amazon either.

• pokapolapokapola Member Posts: 143

@gingagaming said:
    Its not working on Android build so I would guess its not on Amazon either.

That's what I thought too, thank you.

@PhilipCC said:
    Back2Code Can you clarify please.

Have you just submitted an 0.12.5 iOS build to Apple that has been accepted?

Or, are you still waiting to see if it passes the IDFA checks?

Thanks, we are all so anxious to get on with submissions that we are dying for an "All Clear"!

Sorry the ads and tables all seem to work fine with ios from 12.5 but am still waiting for review by Apple.

Android crashes on load table or chartboost ad load but think it is always the table load.

• JSprojectJSproject Member Posts: 730

@BlackCloakGS said:
    Update: We have just submitted fixe for unicode and tables to QA. I have also sent to them a change that supports the new launch screen resolution for iPhone 6/plus and the 3x art (native iPhone 6 plus resolution support). Hopefully we can get an RC out to you guys soon. I am still looking at chartboost/android issues today. Please let me know if I have missed any issue by posting bug links(bugs in our public bug database) here in this thread. We are working very hard to get a stable build out to you guys soon.

Thank you for your continued patients .

Good stuff!
    Can you provide some insights in regards to how you plan to handle the 3x art situation?
    If we have designed an app with retina ipad as base then we will already have 2x images that should display nicely on iphone6/plus. We will of course then have "Resolution Independence" checked so that your build server will use our high res images to produce the @2x images and then scale down for the @1x images.

What I hope for is that when we check the "resolution independence" setting it will not automatically mean that you will produce @3x images (and @2x and @1x) of our provided images. A @3x set of images would bloat the app size to the extreme with minimal visual gain if a universal build is created.
    Maybe some setting can be added to the publishing portal where we can check if a @3x images set should be created by your build server or not?