Release Candidate 0.12.5 is available!

12346»

Comments

• colandercolander Member Posts: 1,610

@BlackCloakGS did you see these posts on the first page? I can only see a list with three bugs in it and I don't see any of these in it.

1 - When I change scene in an ad hoc build I get "Unexpected Error:null" when I click "OK" the game closes. The music isn't playing and some sounds aren't playing either.

I have a Google Play alpha build being distributed now which I should be able to test later today but I expect it will have the same issue.

2 - In an ad hoc build on iOS when I click my leaderboard button (Which runs the actions Platform - Login/Post Score/Show Leaderboard) I get the message "This application is not recognised by Game Centre" and no leaderboard is displayed and I assume a score is not posted.

I tried logging out of my sandbox account and opening the game and logging in again it didn't change anything. I also have "Sandbox" on in Settings\Game Center.

***EDIT: This issue is only on my devices running iOS 8 but on an older device which runs iOS 7 it works.

3 - A Buy Item IAP on both iOS 7 and 8 process through all the Apple popups confirming the purchase then a final popup I haven't seen before saying "Warning Purchase transaction xxxxxxxx could not be validated blah blah...".

My code treats it as a successful purchase and completes the Buy Item action.

• HymloeHymloe Member Posts: 1,653
    edited September 2014

Woah, sounds like some big issues in this build. I set myself a date of November (when my Pro license expires for the year) to release my last Game Salad game. This was 6 months ago.

But the serious issues with Game Salad have just persisted and persisted. I have not worked on that game for 6 months, waiting for a fix. And November is now almost here.

Are the memory issues fixed, where the games crash after several scene loads? Doesn't sound like it? I got the idea it was related to the Scene Change behaviour, and perhaps a memory leak involving writing to table cells. Has this been fixed? Looked at? Identified? What's going on?

MEMORY LEAK
    http://bugs.gamesalad.com/show_bug.cgi?id=103

CHANGE SCENE CRASHES
    http://bugs.gamesalad.com/show_bug.cgi?id=110

If the basic Game Salad engine and toolset overall have major issues, how am I really meant to make and release games?

Game Salad REALLY need to have a few large complex projects on hand in the QA department, where the QA team thoroughly cranks the latest build over on those projects, and looks for problems. BEFORE the latest features and fixes are marked as DONE. PLEASE give us Game Salad builds that actually work.

I know these are nightly builds. But it seems like these major issues are lingering in both the nightly and full releases of the game.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited September 2014

So much information in this thread, and a lot of confusion, it will probably need to be distilled at some point, I'm not even entirely sure what size 3x or 2x refers to now.

edited September 2014

Have you fixed the bug where the text spacing doesn't work correctly on iOS devices?

THAT NEEDS FIXING. IT'S BROKEN!

IT USED TO WORK, FOR YEARS. WHY DOES IT NOT WORK NOW?

DISPLAY TEXT IS BROKEN
    http://bugs.gamesalad.com/show_bug.cgi?id=156

• RedRoboRedRobo Member, PRO Posts: 680

@Socks said:
    So much information in this thread, and a lot of confusion, it will probably need to be distilled at some point, I'm not even entirely sure what size 3x or 2x refers to now.

I second that!!!

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@Socks said:

@strag‌
    I third that! Yesterday, the choices started to become clearer, but somehow it has gotten muddied up.

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

@adent42 said yesterday:
    so no 0.12.6 today.

And today? :mrgreen:

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250
    edited September 2014

tomorrow QA is still testing today.

• supafly129supafly129 Member Posts: 454

@BlackCloakGS‌ would 0.12.6 be a Stable Release or another RC? My most recent project file is 0.12.4, so wondering if I should just keep it using that in the meantime

@supafly921 said:
    BlackCloakGS‌ would 0.12.6 be a Stable Release or another RC? My most recent project file is 0.12.4, so wondering if I should just keep it using that in the meantime

It doesn't matter whether it's marked RC or not, as long as the bugs are squashed. :D

It will be a RC I am still working on bugs.

• supafly129supafly129 Member Posts: 454

@pHghost‌ true! :# so there's no need to revert back to a 0.11.1.11 file as long as I can deal with the bugs for now right?

Well, as far as I assume, the difference between RC and Stable is that Stable has had more QA testing and generally has no huge bugs, but otherwise it is just a naming thing.

Personally I would be comfortable releasing a game with an RC build (which I have) and even :astonished: a Nightly build, as long as I have tested the game thoroughly.

• MarchiefMarchief Member, PRO Posts: 98

fingers crossed for a 12.6 today with the android issues fixed, can't wait to release my first game, still waiting for review on iOS ( since monday ) so just another 5 days to go for that. Great work @BlackCloakGS‌

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408

Typing this on my iPhone 6+ :). It's gonna take some getting used to Can't wait for 12.6 to start testing

most of the fixes in 0.12.6 will be bugs with Unicode and tables and better iPhone 6 support. I am still working on the android bugs.

edited September 2014

@BlackCloakGS said:
    most of the fixes in 0.12.6 will be bugs with Unicode and tables and better iPhone 6 support. I am still working on the android bugs.

Ah ok, do you think the Android bugs will be fixed in 12.6 or will it be 12.7? Otherwise I can release Android off 11.1.11 without iap and add it in when the issues with 12.5 are fixed.

• games4fungames4fun Member Posts: 185

Just wondering are a lot of you are publishing apps with release candidate builds to Apple?

@games4fun said:
    Just wondering are a lot of you are publishing apps with release candidate builds to Apple?

I have from 12.5 and not found any issues while waiting for approval, been playing my game daily since submission on Monday.

• games4fungames4fun Member Posts: 185

@Back2Code said:
    I have from 12.5 and not found any issues while waiting for approval, been playing my game daily since submission on Monday.

Good to know, thanks.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

FYI. Once 0.12.6 comes out, we will still not be supporting DIY Resolution independent images. It's a server side thing and we still need time to implement it.

• silverducksilverduck Member, PRO Posts: 20

This RC fixed one of the two problems with my game, namely the tables broke when I opened it a second time on iOS.

The other problem is almost certainly a memory leak. As I play through the game from level to level, the game gradually chugs more and more until it up and crashes. I saw that someone reported a memory leak bug in scene-changing and that it had been confirmed. I'm pretty certain this is the same problem I'm having.

Could you tell me what the status is on squashing that particular bug? Have you found the cause? Do you think you will get to it before the next RC?

Thank you for all your hard work.

• BlackShineBlackShine Member, PRO Posts: 1

I find out there is a "In app purchase" option for Google in 0.12.0 version. Does it means we can have "In app purchase" in Android ?

@BlackShine‌ yes. 0.12 Mac supports Google IAP on Android.
    @silverduck memory leak fixes will be in the next nightly. We could not get them in for the 0.12 release.

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685

@BlackCloakGS said:
    memory leak fixes will be in the next nightly. We could not get them in for the 0.12 release.

Top Notch!

@BlackCloakGS said:
    BlackShine‌ yes. 0.12 Mac supports Google IAP on Android.
    silverduck memory leak fixes will be in the next nightly. We could not get them in for the 0.12 release.

NICE! Rubs hands together with glee