Important Info on How IAP's Will Work in an Upcoming Release!

Comments

• ycanycan Member, PRO Posts: 207

@BlackCloakGS‌ @stevej‌ Sorry guys but I found another bug :neutral_face:

I have a word game that has Table. This table has Turkish letters like (İ, Ş, Ğ, Ö, Ü)

In old versions I can write this letters on the table but this version creator doesn't allow me to change it. I have many Turkish word games. If I can not use their table then kill me :s

http://bugs.gamesalad.com/show_bug.cgi?id=316

• Speedy007Speedy007 Member Posts: 229

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong here? I did everything the movie said to do...

So what am I doing wrong here...As soon as it gets into the store it adds the 75 coins right away...

• HopscotchHopscotch Member, PRO Posts: 2,782
    edited September 2014

Does anyone get the localised currency symbol transmitted together with the localised price?

@stevej‌ said they are including it in the table but for me it only reflects the price, no currency symbol.

Even after reconfiguring the IAPs in iTunes and using different accounts.

• games4fungames4fun Member Posts: 185

Do we need to have the in-app purchase request data with callback for the restore in-apps to work correctly?

I made a adhoc build to test the restore in-apps, and have a actor that has a rule when touch is pressed to restore in-apps from the new method by itself and nothing happens when touched. I have non-consumable in-apps.

Is it not supposed to do anything when in adhoc?

Thanks

• phamtasticphamtastic Member, PRO Posts: 354

So is 0.12.6 stable enough for us to update IAP for iOS 8? Or should we wait?

• clee2005clee2005 http://Donkeysoft.caMember, PRO Posts: 194
    edited September 2014

I'm experiencing a lot of weird behaviour with the new iAP stuff. The rules aren't complicated and I understand them, but when testing in adhoc, it's really not acting as expected. First I get a login prompt right away, even though there is no request behaviour. I read somewhere from @BlackCloakGS‌ that it may be a pending request stuck on the account and it's trying to resolve? I can't seem to get away from that... even if I log in. Maybe this is the source of my issues, cause I can't get it to purchase either.

The unlock game IAP is the 3rd row of the Purchase table, so I am using Request Purchase Data behaviour start index 3 and end index 3. Doesn't seem to do anything, although it did work in Android for me, just not iOS.

I'll setup a new testing account and try that (just thought of that as I'm typing this out... )... EDIT : just tried that and get the exact same behaviours (or lack of), although I didn't get the login prompt at first... after running through it once I'm now getting it. I'm guessing my Purchase table is filled with Pendings for some reason.

Is anyone else having Adhoc testing issues in iOS? Seems like it should work.

ps. the Android publishing is hosed at the moment... there's another thread about it.

• stevejstevej Member, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 435

@Hopscotch said:
    Does anyone get the localised currency symbol transmitted together with the localised price?

stevej‌ said they are including it in the table but for me it only reflects the price, no currency symbol.

Even after reconfiguring the IAPs in iTunes and using different accounts.

We've tested the price for both the American and UK iTunes stores, and in both instances the correct currency symbol was in the price data. What locale are you trying to use?

• HopscotchHopscotch Member, PRO Posts: 2,782
    edited September 2014

@stevej, as of RC 0.12.6 the correct currency symbol now is included. Thanks.

I checked the european and far east countries.

• colandercolander Member Posts: 1,610

@clee2005 I think when you use "Request Purchase Data" you have to get it for the whole table use row 1 to -1 and see if that resolves your issues.

@colander said:
    clee2005 I think when you use "Request Purchase Data" you have to get it for the whole table use row 1 to -1 and see if that resolves your issues.

Thanks @colander‌ that was indeed one of the issues. I'll log a bug for this, since they have a starting index... otherwise just remove it and always start at 1.

• jinedjined Member, PRO Posts: 42
    edited October 2014

I wish to thank the developers of the new iAP systems for bringing Gamesalad to next level, including the Google system, but also @The_Gamesalad_Guru‌ for the video guide that i followed with extreme attention, so i was able to upgrade my product to the new IAP system and make it work.

I have some raccomendations, as long as i find out some weird behaviours that can be causad by some little details while coding and implementing the new iAP, so it took me all night to workaround!

For the Gamesalad developers: Actually seems that the only "presence" of an in-app behaviors into the game, activate the user login request for any game compiled with the new GS-RC, in any place and everytime there is a network req. I would kindly request the possibility to hide the itunes id login request behind an attribute or a pre-configured boolean. As somone already evinced, users may be deceived by this behavors, but simply... many people may use devices without a network connection. And.. beside the fact that the purchase may be saved with a savegame or savetable, a possible random itunes id login request can be not recommended. In the actual privacy world context, the users tend first to bad thought than being trustfully... so..they dont want any game to request login for no-apparent reason.

-- So here some suggestions for who is going to implement the new iAP:

1. I would recommend calling the iAP product code, from the PurchaseTable, not just using a text string as the Guru made in the guide. It may be the problem i had in beginning and the strange behaviors.

2. While you test and publish the new .IPA, i would recomment you publishing with a new version code of the app (for ex. if you have v1.5 published into the store, just sign with a developer provisioning and then put a v1.6 in the publishing panel) especially if your old version of the app is linked to the old iAP system, i noticed that sandbox may react weirdly. So this will help cleaning any waiting variables in the sandbox query.

3. As per my experience, i would recommend always hiding the new purchase behaviors behing a rule, especially in the case of nonconsumables.

4. I recommend do not over-edit the new PurchaseTable, especially in rows from 3 to 5, even if you edit, and then leave it blank... this may be the cause of some weird behaviors experienced.

5. In the Text Expression attribute, i recommend putting the "purchased" value, under the brakets " ".. to avoid more weird behaviours.

Thanks,

Jined
    (Felinia's World, Developer)

• jinedjined Member, PRO Posts: 42

I have to add, that when the API Key in pasted into Service/Google, the browser get-out the publishing page and get this error:

@jined said:
    I have to add, that when the API Key in pasted into Service/Google, the browser get-out the publishing page and get this error:

Please file a bug report on this so the web guys can fix it.

Thanks @jined the "purchased" seemed to be an issue for me as well. The quotes seems to have fixed my issue. That's been an issue for the url behaviour as well. Typing it in directly vs. opening the expression window. Tough one to debug as it looks ok. Looking forward to the new creator.

• ChechesoftChechesoft Member, PRO Posts: 171

Would this new IAP system be backwards compatible with iOS 7 devices (hundreds of thousands of users are still stuck with an iPhone 4 and old iPads). ???
    What about all the old games? their IAPs would not work in iOS 8???...

Fragmentation is going to finally be a ios problem too?

@Chechesoft said:
    Would this new IAP system be backwards compatible with iOS 7 devices (hundreds of thousands of users are still stuck with an iPhone 4 and old iPads). ???
    What about all the old games? their IAPs would not work in iOS 8???...

Fragmentation is going to finally be a ios problem too?

The new iAP system is compatible with iOS 7.

• ChechesoftChechesoft Member, PRO Posts: 171

And the apps made with the actual iAP are being rejected by Apple?
    Should I wait untill the next gamesalad update to add iaps to my new game?

• MarchiefMarchief Member, PRO Posts: 98

@Chechesoft said:
    And the apps made with the actual iAP are being rejected by Apple?
    Should I wait untill the next gamesalad update to add iaps to my new game?

Still waiting to find out with mine, submitted 11 days ago with 12.5

• HoneyTribeStudiosHoneyTribeStudios Member Posts: 1,792

@stevej @ForumNinja Hey guys, so will we need to wait for the 12.x stable release before being able to update an app that uses iaps? Or will the current stable version 0.11.1.11 be able to publish working iaps ok?

@HoneyTribeStudios said:
    stevej ForumNinja Hey guys, so will we need to wait for the 12.x stable release before being able to update an app that uses iaps? Or will the current stable version 0.11.1.11 be able to publish working iaps ok?

I would suggest using the 12.x release. The old iap commands will be deprecated in a future release.

@stevej I have "IAP - Request Purchase Data" on my landing scene (It doesn't try to login anymore, that's great...I think). I am logged out of iTunes with nothing in any field in Settings/iTunes & App Store. I open my game and it returns "unpurchased" for a non consumable from where I don't know as I have nothing in any field.

I go to my Shop scene and tap Buy and login with a new sandbox test account complete the purchase it changes to "purchased".

When I exit the game and wipe it from memory and restart the game again "IAP - Request Purchase Data" returns "unpurchased" (callback is 1) when it should be "purchased". It does this even though I am logged into my sandbox test account. Is it looking at my real account and that's why it is "unpurchased"?

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390
    edited October 2014

@colander I'm starting to think that this new testing method with iTunes Connect is a "one shot deal".

By that I mean, if you don't reject your binary and submit it again, after you have changed things, Apple's server spits "the dummy"!

@BlackCloakGS‌ Maybe somebody at GS needs to tell Apple this?

("dummy" = "pacifier" in US translation. Sorry, but this will probably confuse the hell out of our non-English speaking friends. The Aussies, Brits, NZers and Canadians may understand the expression).

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685
    edited October 2014

@ForumNinja‌ said:
    Important Info on How IAP's Will Work in an Upcoming Release!

Put frankly, it wont work in the "upcoming release"

Google Play IAP (consumables) is still broken. Feel free to add any comment regarding to Google IAP here:

http://bugs.gamesalad.com/show_bug.cgi?id=377

@stevej ok it has been a few weeks since I looked at this. I reread your op and I need to put "IAP - Restore Items" after "IAP - Request Purchase Data" on my landing scene for column 5 in the "PurchaseTable" to update if it isn't there everything remains "unpurchased". This also is the action which tries to logon if a user is logged out which many of us don't like for reasons already stated.

I closed the app and wiped it from memory. Logged out of the app store sandbox account, restarted the app and cancelled login when requested. The table updated everything except column 5 as expected. I changed scene to my Shop menu and on separate occasions (Reinstalled the app) purchased an already purchased item and the next time an unpurchased item using "IAP - Buy Item". On both occasions during the purchase process the table was updated and the transaction was completed successfully. I haven't tested "IAP - Consume Item" yet, I expect it would work the same.

I run a parallel IAP system to handle purchases in the game and only need to use the new system to connect to the store and make purchases or restore them if a user has to reinstall their game.

My question is there any reason why the "IAP - Restore Items" could not be removed from the landing scene and only be placed in a "Restore IAP" button on the Shop menu?

@colander said:

My question is there any reason why the "IAP - Restore Items" could not be removed from the landing scene and only be placed in a "Restore IAP" button on the Shop menu?

That's a design decision you'll have to make for your game. If you only want to restore purchases when the player explicitly requests them, then just tie the behavior to a button.

• nikkonnikkon Member, PRO Posts: 111

Just spent a couple of hours trying to work out why my IAP wasnt working..

Finally worked out i have to put purchased as "purchased" (with the quotation marks "") in the rule, otherwise the rule would not fire.. eg

text expression tablecellvalue(purchasetable,1,5) is "purchased"

Any reason why i had to do this when everywhere i have read has just said you only need to put in purchased without the quotation marks??

if you just type it in the box without opening the expression editor you don't need the quotation marks however if you open the expression editor (Which you shouldn't do in this case) you will need the quotation marks. This is true for any text you use or display in or out of the expression editor.

But it doesn't let you enter any text in the field without opening the expression editor.

If you click in the field once, it just highlights the rule in blue and doesn't let you enter anything.. & If you double click it opens the expression editor.

Unless im doing something totally wrong :)

edited October 2014

Just worked out that it only does that if you have already entered text in the expression editor :P

Finally worked it out! thanks

• RabidParrotRabidParrot Formally RabidParrot. Member Posts: 956
    edited March 2015

Anyone having issue with the restore behavior firing? I am attempting to fire the "Restore items" behavior. Should I be using the deprecated version?