Windows compatebilety (Part 2)

deadeye2deadeye2 Member Posts: 29
edited October 2014 in Miscellaneous

My version of Windows can't support GameSalad. Please vote for which version of these GM compatible Windows is cheapest.

Comments

• deadeye2deadeye2 Member Posts: 29

P.S. I'm downloading another version of Windows to one of my computers.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327

My vote goes to Google, which will give you the answer you need.

I don't think many people are going to know the answer for sure without doing the same thing...

@Armelline said:
    My vote goes to Google, which will give you the answer you need.

I don't think many people are going to know the answer for sure without doing the same thing...

Just tried. No help. (For me, anyway. It may Work for the people trying to help me.)

• V-ToadV-Toad Member Posts: 11
    edited October 2014

Hi deadeye2, I've already answered this (at great length I might add) in your previous post. Here's my summary:

1. You probably won't be able to find a new-in-box copy of Windows Vista, and even if you did, I would not recommend it at any price, so strike that off the list.

2. Windows 7 and Windows 8 are the same price, so cost is irrelevant.

3. I also noted that unless you have a very nice computer, you might be better off buying a refurbished PC with Windows 7 or 8 pre-installed as it would more than likely be cheaper than upgrading an old computer and purchasing a stand-alone OS.

Thank you.

• SolarKillsSolarKills Member Posts: 6
    edited October 2014

@V-Toad said:
    Hi deadeye2, I've already answered this (at great length I might add) in your previous post. Here's my summary:

1. You probably won't be able to find a new-in-box copy of Windows Vista, and even if you did, I would not recommend it at any price, so strike that off the list.

3. I also noted that unless you have a very nice computer, you might be better off buying a refurbished PC with Windows 7 or 8 pre-installed as it would more than likely be cheaper than upgrading an old computer and purchasing a stand-alone OS.

Thank you.

I admire your patience, good sir.

@V-Toad said:

Thank you.

@SolarKills said:
    I admire your patience, good sir.

Please, Just vote.

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

People have been nice and tried to tell you in a simple matter. Check your computer specs and see if you can even run any windows 7 or 8. If you can, then buy whichever is more comfortable for YOU to use.

If you want to have less of a headaches when using Gamesalad and want updated creator and better features then buy a MAC. A second hand mac mini can go for cheap. If money is what you are lacking then start saving up.

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

@raycur09 said:
    People have been nice and tried to tell you in a simple matter. Check your computer specs and see if you can even run any windows 7 or 8. If you can, then buy whichever is more comfortable for YOU to use.

If you want to have less of a headaches when using Gamesalad and want updated creator and better features then buy a MAC. A second hand mac mini can go for cheap. If money is what you are lacking then start saving up.

Are Mac minis low lag? (For using GameSalad.)

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

As long as the specs are within requirements it should run fine.

System Requirements

Mac:

Mac OSX Lion or Later. Xcode 4.6 with Command Line Tools and iOS Support. Android SDK for Android support.

Core 2 Duo or Later CPU required. Minimum of 2GB of RAM recommended.

Windows:

Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8. Android SDK for Android support.

Core 2 Duo or Later CPU required. Minimum of 2GB of RAM recommended.

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

OK. I don't actually know the hardware quality of the computer that I'm going to download GameSalad to. I might be getting a low-end MAC for Christmas, so I may not have to worry about it. I'm not sure if I'm getting one, though...