Invitation to be a part of something awesome – Part 2

apitlekaysapitlekays Coventry, United KingdomMember Posts: 67
edited January 2015 in Miscellaneous

Hi all!
I am a researcher from University of Warwick, United Kingdom, and have been doing research in this forum from July last year. Like you, I am also a GameSalad user, and I am interested to know what makes this community ticks. This ‘Part 2’ survey is NOT A CONTINUATION of the previous survey, it’s actually the same. For Part 2, I am targeting those who haven’t had the chance to join/complete the survey, to be part of the discussion. So if you haven’t answer the survey, or didn’t manage to finish it last time, please take part in this study.

I have been interviewing a number of user here, and it is an awesome experience to get to know them, their side of the story, and to understand how they see and value this community. I welcome all users, not only the seasoned developers, but also those who just signed up in this forum as a member! If you really like this community (or if you don’t, I’d be glad to know your side of story too!) come join this study! The survey will only take 5-10 minutes of your time. Of course, your identity won’t be made public. All your responses will be anonymised, and in the case of reporting the findings of this study (yes I have to report the findings because this is my PhD study, had to put something in the thesis, right ☺ ) your username will be replaced with another pseudonym. And yes, you can opt out from the discussion/this study if you feel uncomfortable.

Here is the link to the survey:

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at m.h.md-hanif[at]warwick.ac.uk

Dat GameSalad Research Guy :D

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

It's been an interesting experience reflecting on being a member of the community here. I recommend the process to others.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

Took the survey this morning. Great questions and didn't take too long to complete. As @tatiang said, others should join in and voice their thoughts.

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

Some of the answers were a little to far left or too far right, but overall not as painful as i thought it would be. Best of luck in your study.

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390
    edited January 2015

@apitlekays‌
    Glad to see you are back... well still here. We had some interesting PM discussions last year. Would you like those of us who participated last year to complete this survey as well?

Hafiz is a charming person and most appreciative of assistance in his project, so help him out if you can spare a few minutes.

• ValanValan Member, BASIC Posts: 410

Left no email address.
    Done in 5 mins.
    Good survey.

• apitlekaysapitlekays Coventry, United KingdomMember Posts: 67

To @tatiang‌, @PhilipCC‌ : thank you for your kind words... :) both of you are extraordinary with your responses. I really appreciate your involvement in this. I really enjoy exploring this community through your lens, and hope we'll have more awesome discussions after this. You don't have to participate in this survey this time around, but I'd appreciate it very much if you can help me spread this news to everybody :smiley:

@Braydon_SFX‌ : Thank you for your response! and yes, i hope I can get as much participants as possible this time around :smile:

@Lovejoy‌ : Thanks! and best of luck to you too!

@Valan‌ : It's okay. Your username will do. Thanks! :blush:

Day one: 9 new entries... not bad for a start! :smile: C'mon people! Let's prove that GameSalad is a thriving community! :wink:

• ogreofwartogreofwart Hello Everybody on the Gamesalad Planet. I come in peace, warts'n'all!!! Lancashire UKMember Posts: 281

Just done too, good luck with your studies all the best :D

Thanks @ogreofwart‌ and @jonmulcahy‌! Awesome! :smiley: Let's see how many more are willing to contribute today :) Just head to THIS page to participate.

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

Finished!

Thanks @pHghost‌! 2nd day was a bit slow, probably because of the weekend :) looking forward for more interaction and participation from other next week! :smile:

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

Filled it out, good luck with the research.

Follow us: Twitter - Website

Awesome @AlchimiaStudios‌! Thanks! :D

• ogreofwartogreofwart Hello Everybody on the Gamesalad Planet. I come in peace, warts'n'all!!! Lancashire UKMember Posts: 281

I think its really nice you are giving everybody who takes part an Awesome. Good Luck again (not that I want another awsome) :D

• MattButlerStudiosMattButlerStudios Member Posts: 486

I submitted my responses. Interesting survey! :)

@ogreofwart‌: It's the only way I can return the favour. Still giving you another awesome, for the luck you wished me :) Thanks!

@MattButlerStudios‌: Thank you for your response! Highly appreciated! :D

• pokapolapokapola Member Posts: 143

Just filled out your survey, I did not leave my email though.

Good luck @apitlekays

@pokapola‌: Thanks! :smiley:

The survey is entering its fifth day. I have 25 completed responses and 15 partial responses. Do you know that you can save your session, and come back to continue in some other time? :D yes you can. Looking for more participation from members of this community.

I welcome everyone, from all walks of life, to participate in this study! :) Hit the big button below:

Hi all,

As of this morning (9:23am GMT), there are 28 completed survey responses. I am hoping to get 100 responses for this study. So, if you haven't participate in this survey, please, click HERE. It'll just take 5-10 minutes of your time :smile:

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327

I took the survey and discussed my responses via PM already so I sadly can't do it again now :( Best of luck though, was a very interesting process!

• PotatoesAppsPotatoesApps Member Posts: 53

:) Done

@Armelline‌: You're superb! :) We're going to have some focus group interview coming up. So don't be sad! Talk to you later! :)

@PotatoesApps‌: That's awesome! Thanks!

Awesome responses so far! Numbers got up to 34 today! :) Still, a long way to go, so c'mon! Participate in this study! You may be holding the key to uncover the secrets this community holds... :wink:

Also, thank you for those who have replied to my PM personally!

Hi everyone! :) A little update on the stats I received so far: 36 completed responses.

ermm...

Oh c'mon... I know this awesome community can do better than that! :wink:
    Click here to participate: http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/1943236/Online-Community-Experience

Hi all! :smile:

I'm going to close the survey on the 30th of January, that's only few days left. So if you haven't participate in this survey, please join. It won't take much of your time, I promise :smile:

You don't have to commit for a follow up interview after that. Just do the survey, and that will tremendously help me in my quest to understand how this awesome open online community of indie game developers work and play with each other. That's all!

There are large amount of writings on how online community works, there even a large amount of writings on what online gamers do, but unfortunately, not much on the developer community, especially indie game developer community like GameSalad, which I think is probably a big hole in the literature. We need to tell our side of the story, so that the knowledge is well-balanced :wink:

So please just spend few minutes of your time, if you haven't done the survey, to click here: http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/1943236/Online-Community-Experience and complete the survey, as the closing date is just around the corner :)

I would very much appreciate it if those who have answered the survey, to push this to your friends and colleagues who are in this community to join the study.

This is my last push. After this, I'll stop bothering you :wink:

Cheers!

• lkmadlkmad Member Posts: 117

@apitlekays‌ finally got round to it! :smiley:

@lkmad‌ you are legen..... wait for it..... dary! Thanks! ;)

• pilotjoepilotjoe Member, PRO Posts: 31

I'm a bit late to the game... but I completed it. I agree some other comment that some of the questions were either too far on one side or the other. Overall good stuff. Thanks