Windows Creator 0.13.14 official release is available!

stevejstevej Member, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 435
edited June 2015 in GameSalad Kitchen

Windows Creator Release build 0.13.14 is available

Features

*First official update of Windows Creator since 0.10.5
*Native Lua previewer (requires a video card with OpenGL 2.1 support).
*Viewer support.
*Compatible with Mac Creator 0.13 (except for network behaviors)

Known Issues (in addition to previously listed issues in earlier 0.13 builds)

*Native previewer has problems with some NVidia cards.
*Joysticks/controllers are not supported in native preview, but can be tested with a Viewer.

Download the the build here:

Get The Build Now

Comments

• FrantoFranto Member Posts: 779

@stevej Thank you!

• Machinist AppsMachinist Apps Member, PRO Posts: 65

Awesome! Have network behaviors been implemented in the new release?

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

One thing to note. The green play button no longer previews on our web engine like the old 0.10.5 version did. It now uses the native engine (the same one iOS, Mac, and Android use). The green button with the star burst on the right is the web preview which works like the preview did in 0.10.5.

• JimmyMesserJimmyMesser LondonMember Posts: 235

The web viewer doesn't work for me.just gives me a black screen any thoughts?

The> @Plucked Studios said:

Awesome! Have network behaviors been implemented in the new release?

they said above no network behaviours

• FrantoFranto Member Posts: 779

@JimmyMesser Sometimes you have to exit and re-enter web viewer to get it to work, sometimes it shows a black screen on the first try or at random times.

Doesn't work at all for me i'm afraid.

• danul9danul9 Member Posts: 17

if i builded a game in older vesion of gameslad and i will download the new version of gamesalad the game will be deleted ?

• IndigochickenIndigochicken Member Posts: 29

Is there a version of GS for windows that is compatible with windows XP 64 bit?

• vanTheThirdvanTheThird Member Posts: 4

The Android viewer does´nt work , it only shows the downloading screenshot and then nothing , also the green play button isnt working , sometimes it only shows a black screen or the whole gamesalad stop working , I ve decided to go back to 10.5 till this things get fix

• louistrudellouistrudel Member, BASIC Posts: 15
    edited May 2015

When i preview a game with the new windows version GS doesn't show any scenes in the grey scene bar just under the preview window. but I can still change scenes using actors. how do i fix this? oh is there a way i can revert to the older version?

• ookami007ookami007 Member Posts: 581

It looks like the APK signing is still broke. I get an error when trying to sign an APK. This is the same error I reporting on the RC.

I guess it was worth a try. too many different system to test on and a lot of ppl using old computers to run the software.

• pixeleightpixeleight Member Posts: 11

Viewer doesn't work for me also (Black screen) - Running NVIDIA 970M graphics card

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

On Tuesday we start working on getting preview working on as may systems as we can. Unfortunately we don't have a very big windows compatibility lab. Please be patient as we work through theses issues.

Thanks key master, send my regards to zool @BlackCloakGS

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685

*Compatible with Mac Creator 0.13 (except for network behaviors)

Does this mean we can move projects between windows and Mac back and forth now fluidly?

• pixeleightpixeleight Member Posts: 11

@BlackCloakGS let me know if you need some spare window machines - I could test a few things on a couple of machines.

• sanjinlsanjinl Member, PRO Posts: 5

Native preview no longer works for me. I just see a black square. I'm running Nvidia GeForce GTX 660. The Web Preview works.

• ldrahcir@yahoo.comldrahcir@yahoo.com Member, PRO Posts: 4

if your on windows using 13.14 and your video card has a control center running in the background... turn off the control center... raptr tried to show me a replay of a game I had just played... only it was just a gs test run on a game im building... kept freezing and closing til i turned off raptr... now it seems to be running fine... thanks for the new update!

• myke66myke66 Member Posts: 74
    edited May 2015

Windows 8 64bit, nVidia 840m, black screen when using native preview, web preview still working. Opening gamesalad through GPU

Let me know if there's any info I can provide that will help with troubleshooting.

edit: switched GS to run off integrated GPU and the preview now works, seems to be an issue related to nVidia drivers or hardware.

• stevejstevej Member, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 435

@danul9 said:
    if i builded a game in older vesion of gameslad and i will download the new version of gamesalad the game will be deleted ?

No.

@Indigochicken said:
    Is there a version of GS for windows that is compatible with windows XP 64 bit?

Creator should run on any Vista or better version of Windows, both 32 and 64 bit.

(Although certain features, mostly to do with playing audio, may not work on Vista).

@vanTheThird @louistrudel

If you could submit a bug report, and include the output of the dxdiag program in it, it would help us track down previewing issues with your graphics cards.

@ookami007 said:
    It looks like the APK signing is still broke. I get an error when trying to sign an APK. This is the same error I reporting on the RC.

What version of the JDK do you have installed? I would suggest using the latest 1.8 update.

@gingagaming said:
    Does this mean we can move projects between windows and Mac back and forth now fluidly?

As long as the game doesn't have networking, yes.

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772

As long as the game doesn't have networking, yes.

@stevej, great. Thanks for the update.

• danul9danul9 Member Posts: 17

@stevej said:
    No.

• ookami007ookami007 Member Posts: 581

@stevej said:
    What version of the JDK do you have installed? I would suggest using the latest 1.8 update.

@stevej - Using the latest jdk and the latest android studio down. I get the following error:

jarsigner error: java.security.SignatureException: private key algorithm is not compatible with signature algorithm.

Path for keytool:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.8.0_45\bin\keytool.exe

Path for jarsigner:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.8.0_45\bin\jarsigner.exe

Path for zipalign:
    D:\Android\sdk\tools\zipalign.exe

This was mentioned multiple times back in RC. I was able to continue signing using the 10.5 version but now I can't sign at all on Windows.