Windows Creator 0.13.14 official release is available!

2»

Comments

• ookami007ookami007 Member Posts: 581

@stevej - and sadly, I cannot install the older version without uninstalling the new version. That really needs to be fixed with as many bugs as these versions are released with. Having a stable version to fall back to would be nice.

• stevejstevej Member, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 435

@ookami007 said:

Try creating a new key, from the error message it looks like they key you're currently using won't work with the latest JDK.

@stevej said:
    Try creating a new key, from the error message it looks like they key you're currently using won't work with the latest JDK.

You realize... you cannot resubmit an app with a different key... right?

@stevej said:

@stevej - So, basically, you can never, ever update any published application EVER AGAIN if you update your java and your GS.

That actually... REALLY sucks.

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685

@stevej said:
    As long as the game doesn't have networking, yes.

Thanks @stevej This is great news

@ookami007 said:

Talk to Oracle, they changed the protocol for keytool and jarsigner.

• HopscotchHopscotch Member, PRO Posts: 2,782
    edited May 2015

@stevej,

currently signing with the latest JDKs 7 or 8 leads to some devices not installing the package due to "not properly signed" errors. Although the Play Store accepts the package, some devices are incompatible with the latest JDK changes.

I have resorted to reinstalling Java 1.6 and signing manually to solve this.

Do you have any other solution or experiences?

To everyone, this is not specific to GS, it affects all developers.

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

I am working with @stevej to see if we can get the right command line arguments for the java 1.8 jar signer to be backward comaptble. If you having issue i would recommend going back to java 1.6. You can also open a support ticket with us and I will help with finding a solution. As @Hopscotch points out this is an issue with all android development. Every time oracle brings out a new java (which is out of google's hands) they change jarsign and keytool and break things (one of the reasons Mac creator still does not support Java 1.8). It would be nice if google would ship with the android sdk its own jarsign and keytool.

• danul9danul9 Member Posts: 17
    edited May 2015

hi. i made a game with the previous version of gamesalad, and i downloaded the new version of gamesalad. in the new version every time i change somthing in the game or do copy& paste or make new scene i can't move right and left when i play but i can jump. i worked on this game for a year!!
    what to do?

edited May 2015

@danul9 said:
    hi. i made a game with the previous version of gamesalad, and i downloaded the new version of gamesalad. in the new version every time i change somthing in the game or do copy& paste or make new scene i can't move right and left when i play but i can jump. i worked on this game for a year!!
    what to do?

First, see if your game still works in the web previewer. That's the green button with the little orange dot on it to the left of the actor coordinate info. Second, submit a bug report giving details of your problem, preferably with a simple example project attached, to bugs.gamesalad.com.

@ookami007 said:

We think we may have found a fix, cross your fingers.

edited May 2015

@stevej said:

my meaning was when i play in the web previewer. when i click the rguler play button the program turns off.

@danul9 said:
    my meaning was when i play in the web previewer. when i click the rguler play button the program turns off.

If you have an NVidia card, that would explain the problem with regular preview. We should be having a fix for that out soon.

• RedRoboRedRobo Member, PRO Posts: 680

Wooohooo...at last!! Cheers :)

• vanthursdayvanthursday Member Posts: 6

It keeps closing when I tried pressing play button..
    The preview button sometimes wont show some of my actors

• JimmyMesserJimmyMesser LondonMember Posts: 235

Quick question, did admob get added to the features on PC release for pro users?

@stevej said:
    If you have an NVidia card, that would explain the problem with regular preview. We should be having a fix for that out soon.

yes i have NVidia card :smiley:

@JimmyMesser said:
    Quick question, did admob get added to the features on PC release for pro users?

AdMob should be usable in Windows Creator.

@vanthursday said:
    It keeps closing when I tried pressing play button..
    The preview button sometimes wont show some of my actors

Sounds like the NVidia issue. We're hoping to get a fix out today or Monday at the latest.

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

we have and new Window RC with a bunch of fixes please give it a try. We will have a stable release to you guys next week.

• JimmyMesserJimmyMesser LondonMember Posts: 235

The new stable release is welcome, I've been having some inconsistant saving issues in the previous stable that the RC doesn't have.

• bufteabuftea Member Posts: 43

I've tried the 03.14 version and I get these errors in the Preview:

Web Preview:

• when it changes a scene, a random sound from the game gets activated, once, no loop. But not always. Just enough to make me crazy, but not often enough to "see" a pattern

Nativ Preview :

• Game Salad just closes. I cannot open Nativ Preview

@buftea said:
    I've tried the 03.14 version and I get these errors in the Preview:

Web Preview:

• when it changes a scene, a random sound from the game gets activated, once, no loop. But not always. Just enough to make me crazy, but not often enough to "see" a pattern

Nativ Preview :

• Game Salad just closes. I cannot open Nativ Preview

Try getting the new release version. That should help with your native preview issues.

• bloodnitebloodnite Member Posts: 50

@stevej said:

I just came across this in trying to publish as well...
    13.36 installed - Pro
    I have java 1.6.39 and 1.8.51 installed (should update to latest...)

Just saw the other stickied post... Signature algorithm name: SHA1withDSA for my keystore. I'm assuming it's related to using a newer version of Java?

I had to manually sign the unsigned apk file for it to work... fun