Circular Power Meter/Bar

app_sauceapp_sauce Member, PRO Posts: 206

Hi, After a break from gs I'm back at it. I have one game in review with apple and am starting on another. In my latest attempts I am trying to figure out a circular power meter/bar. I have a few ideas but am not 100% on any of them. I was wondering if anyone has done a health/power bar in a circular manner? I'll describe what I am after and some of my ideas on how to accomplish this. Sometimes writing things out helps me grasp what needs to be done. I need a power bar that starts out at zero (no bars/ invisible/zero power) when the player touches the screen and drags his finger back the circular power bar should begin to appear and gradually start to circle the projectile the player is about to launch. When the circle is completed that indicates full power. I have all of the mechanics to shoot and gauge power completed I just need the graphical representation of the power so the player knows how hard they are going to shoot when they lift their finger.

Some ideas I have to get this look are as follows. I was thinking about creating a bunch of images each one with a little big more of the power circle filled in until its just a complete circle. So I would make 100 images and when power = 1 change image to image1. I figured this isn't the best way because I would need 100 images. And Im not sure if it would look smooth if the player would drag his finger really fast. Another idea I had was to do some type of layering trick. This might be my best bet. Im not sure if you can do this with the replicate function? If you can I think it would take some match that's over my head. If anyone knows how to do this it would be cool to hear from you!

SocializeTwitter , **My Site ** **Play Loop Zen Free **iOS HERE, Google Play HERE

Comments