Asynchronous Multiplayer?

Hey there!

So I've been thinking of implementing a multiplayer feature in my game but have some concerns about it. How powerful is it and how much can you really do with it? I understand that it's asynchronous but, from experience, how fast/smooth does it actually run? I want to be able for the player to complete his/her move and immediately send the information to the other player (kinda like a text message but with game-like mechanics).

Thanks!

Comments

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250
    edited July 2015

I would start by watching this video (making and async ti-tac-to game in GameSalad) from our one of our past meetups.

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

@BlackCloakGS said:
    I would start by watching this video (making and async ti-tac-to game in GameSalad) from our one of our past meetups.

Has the table refresh bug been fixed?

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685
    edited July 2015

@The_Gamesalad_Guru said:
    Has the table refresh bug been fixed?

I'm also interested if this has been fixed. I would be interested in making a multiplayer game if this has been fixed as its my understanding that currently we can't do so. Whilst we are on the subject, what's happened to plays together? This was being intergrated before jan I last heard? (Not sure where I heard that) but any news on the ability to have multiplayer without the use of a personal server would be great.

Has anyone even made a fully working game yet using multiplayer?

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

I was in the process of building a battleship game to experiment with it. I got pretty far but the failure of tables to refresh makes it impossible to test out the logic. I have everything working except the table refreshing after turn over. Franky i don't see why it's so hard to fix this as well it's a basic call from the server. If you click off the scene and come back the table info is there so this may be an issue with display text or creators ability to read table updates. This one single bug reported like almost a year ago hasn't been addressed. This is the main bug holding back multiplayer. Just fix this one dam bug and we can move on. @stevej