IMPORTANT MARKETPLACE NOTICE

13»

Comments

• freneticzfreneticz SwedenMember, PRO Posts: 774

Any idea to try to be a seller at this Point?

• Nate_SNate_S Nate - Pixel Artist - Developer - Graphics Designer Member Posts: 86

Wow Nice work!

**Nate - Pixel Artist - Developer - Graphics Designer **

• JimmyMesserJimmyMesser LondonMember Posts: 235

@WebWarrior said:
    I'm rather confused. PNG is an image format. CSS is a stylesheet language for web pages. Why (or perhaps a better question is "how") would we make CSS the standard image format for GameSalad assets?

Maybe he is referring to the use of an SVG?

• freneticzfreneticz SwedenMember, PRO Posts: 774

Where is MP2? Q1 is over and even Q2.....

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

@freneticz said:
    Where is MP2? Q1 is over and even Q2.....

http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/87429/15-day-trial/p1

dgackey Austin, TXPosts: 477KEY MASTER, HEAD CHEF, MEMBER, PRO GameSalad Employee
    June 30
    As part of this new focus, we are also going to be shutting down Marketplace, at least for the foreseeable future.

More on that soon, but the reason you haven't received your statement is because we're preparing to pay out all existing sellers their accrued, unpaid royalties.

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

• dgackeydgackey Austin, TXInactive, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 699
    edited July 2015

Yes, sorry to not crosspost that here, but we are indeed shutting down the existing Marketplace, and we will not be moving forward with the MP2.0 that had been in development. More info on this soon.

Dan Magaha · COO · GameSalad, Inc · danm@gamesalad.com

• Thunder_ChildThunder_Child Member Posts: 2,343
    edited July 2015

So does this mean there will literally be no way of even discussing assets and how to get them...is there any possibility of personal asset sales of any kind as an alternate? Will the 3rd party rules still be the same? Seems like this would include no templates can be discussed as they may be 3rd party...only the spare code thread ? Can we look forward to some sort of new TOS agreement ? Lol I may have already agreed to one I'm not even sure.

• ChunkypixelsChunkypixels Member Posts: 1,114

Looks like the external asset stores are going to benefit. Maybe GS should make closer ties with them, if they no longer intend to run their own store anymore.

Seems strange that they would put so much time & effort into building a new store, only to abandon it completely, before it's even gone live. Obviously this points to the store as not being profitable for them, and being a drain on both finances and resources. Along with killing Graphene development, this paints a worrying picture. At least it should mean less distractions and more focus on the main Creator tool.

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

@Chunkypixels said:
    Looks like the external asset stores are going to benefit. Maybe GS should make closer ties with them, if they no longer intend to run their own store anymore.

The forums rules would also have to be changed to reflect it.

Seems strange that they would put so much time & effort into building a new store, only to abandon it completely, before it's even gone live. Obviously this points to the store as not being profitable for them, and being a drain on both finances and resources. Along with killing Graphene development, this paints a worrying picture. At least it should mean less distractions and more focus on the main Creator tool.

A change at the top makes this happen, the vision of the past boss is not the same as the new one. Just like most people here though, i hope it all works out in the end.

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

• bluewindybluewindy Member Posts: 13

Completely do disappear all the existing assets?

I was disappointed.

In trouble or transferred to other markets.