ALERT: deprecated behaviors to be removed

stevejstevej Member, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 435

In the next release of GameSalad (post 0.13.33), the following deprecated behaviors will be removed:

Mac: InAppPurchaseItem and InAppRestoreItem
Windows: InAppPurchaseItem, InAppRestoreItem, and ShowAd

If you still have games that use these behaviors, you should replace the InApp behaviors with the new IAP system described here, and replace ShowAd with ShowBanner.

If, for some reason, you absolutely need to keep the deprecated behaviors in your game (which we highly discourage), we recommend saving the current version of GameSalad in an alternative location to work with before updating.

Comments

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

Good to know! And to be honest, good riddance! ;)

• ThoPelThoPel GermanyMember, PRO Posts: 184

@stevej Is there a list when and what behaviors were deprecated?

Sometimes I download older GS projects but they do not run. Maybe of a behavior which no longer exists.

• GeorgeGSGeorgeGS Member, PRO Posts: 478

They will be removed in the next build, 13.34.

Projects with removed behaviors will load properly and the removed behavior will either be migrated to the replacement or they will show as a placeholder box so you know what you need to fix.

Do you have an example project that won't load? We can take a look.

• stevejstevej Member, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 435

@ThoPel said:
    stevej Is there a list when and what behaviors were deprecated?

Sometimes I download older GS projects but they do not run. Maybe of a behavior which no longer exists.

Um, they're listed at the top.

• ThoPelThoPel GermanyMember, PRO Posts: 184

@stevej said:
    Um, they're listed at the top.

Okay, if that are all behaviors that have been deprecated / replaced in the last years, I have another problem. Thank you

• GeorgeGSGeorgeGS Member, PRO Posts: 478

Do you have an iOS signing issue on just one project or all projects? If it is all of them then you may need to update XCode. What version are you using?

• bajashbajash Member, PRO Posts: 215

I have the latest version of xcode 6.3.

• Agent ArgyleAgent Argyle Member, PRO Posts: 188
    edited August 2015

Were Network behaviors removed or moved as well?

Edit: Nevermind- found them- didn't realize had to switch to "My Own Server" in Multiplayer setting in the Project Info Tab.