My android game keeps crashing!

Chris__GamesChris__Games Somewhere, so far away...Member, PRO Posts: 33

I have been working on releasing my game to the public, but when I test the signed APK file, when i'm on the loading screen it is fine, untill I get to the actual game, it keeps crashing, any advice?

Best Answer

Answers

• As_Of_LatteAs_Of_Latte Member, BASIC Posts: 343

@Chris__Games I'm not at all familiar with Android but perhaps the RAM usage spikes during scene change, which causes the crash? Are you using large image files?

• Chris__GamesChris__Games Somewhere, so far away...Member, PRO Posts: 33
    edited August 2015

@As_Of_Latte I would send you the code, it's just that this is going to be a paided game. The game has a character that has 2 frames of animation, a flour, wall and a ceiling, and a ufo 1 frame, the ufo drops blocks, fire and points (all only has 1 frame of animation), theres nothing really crazy...

• Triangularity GamesTriangularity Games Founder/Owner MarylandMember Posts: 140

@Chris_Games Are the image sizes very large? because they should only be 2x the size of the actor in gamesalad. *.png is recommended. Animation might not be the problem, the images might be so big, that the cpu cant process it fast enough, and thats whats crashing your game.

• jigglybeanjigglybean Member Posts: 1,584

I would check for rogue rules and/or images. They can sometimes cause problems. Also, if you are trying to load a lot of stuff - I suggest adding a Splash/loading screen with a timer of 2-3 seconds to change scene to your main game.

This will give time for things to load up.

Like Balls? Then click here! We've 100 coming soon