Anyone else having problems with the Black Friday sale?

birdboybirdboy Member Posts: 284
edited November 2015 in Tech Support

Hey everybody!

So with the GS team kicking it up a notch, new features coming in and especially after seeing the Black Friday deal I decided to stay another year. But for some reason I can't get the deal to work even after contacting support. Dan said there were some people having problems but it should have been fixed by now but for me it's still the same.
On the checkout screen after entering the discount code a zero appears above Product.
I just wanted to know if there's anyone else having this problem or if I'm alone now.

This is how it looks like for me:

Comments

• mhedgesmhedges Raised on VCS Member Posts: 634

@Hoodloc,

Humming to the tune of Close Encounters, you are not alone. I followed the link, but didn't even get to your screenshot. I just e-mailed Customer Support and told them I wanted to snag that deal. Hopefully this will be solved tomorrow Monday.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327

Where can one find information regarding the Black Friday sale? I've heard nothing about this :(

• ApprowApprow Member Posts: 703

@Armelline Me neither :neutral:

@Armelline / @Approw ,

I suggest you Contact Dave (COO) and/or contact customer support. The deal is on until tomorrow might. Let us know in this thread if you guys were successful!

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@Armelline said:
    Where can one find information regarding the Black Friday sale? I've heard nothing about this :(

@Approw said:
    @Armelline Me neither :neutral:

Same here, I wasn't aware of it either.

• MoikMoik Member, PRO Posts: 257
    edited November 2015

I got the email about it in my Promos tab on Friday.
    I went to get it now, used IE 11, used Credit Card, Promo entry field showed, promo code accepted/reflected in cost, on hitting submit it put me back to the purchase page. Not sure if worked.

[Edit: Billing period still shows old end date in Settings. Not sure how long to should take to update. Will check again in an hour or so.]

• ChunkypixelsChunkypixels Member Posts: 1,114
    edited November 2015

Same here... not heard or seen anything about the promo before reading this thread.

So it can't have been very well promoted...

...are you sure its a genuine GS promotion, and not some phishing scam?

Monday is Customer Service day, y'all!

• ApprowApprow Member Posts: 703

@mhedges I just rechecked, and I actually did receive an email, but it was placed in the advertisement tab on gmail.

@Chunkypixels said:
    ...are you sure its a genuine GS promotion, and not some phishing scam?

I used the purchase link here on the site rather than the email. The code had the expected effect on the displayed price, so I believe the promo to be real.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327

@Moik said:

Promos tab? I feel there's perhaps something I'm totally missing :D

@Armelline said:

@Moik said:

Promos tab? I feel there's perhaps something I'm totally missing :D

Sorry, Promotions tab of gmail. "Check ur promos tab" is common among my friends as we await various Blizzard beta invites.

• NimbleBugNimbleBug Member Posts: 483
    edited November 2015

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

• dgackeydgackey Austin, TXInactive, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 699

It's a legit promotion, but it was intended to be targeted to folks without an active subscription or who were expiring soon, since (as some of you are experiencing), adding a new subscription when you've already got an active one has some issues.

I've already helped a few of you, but anyone who had problems with it and who hasn't been helped yet, just send us an Intercom message about it and I'll get you taken care of tomorrow morning.

Dan

Dan Magaha · COO · GameSalad, Inc · danm@gamesalad.com

• StoneclipseStoneclipse Member, PRO Posts: 130

@dgackey I do not have an active subscription and I am having problem using the discount code. How do I send an intercom message?

• Slayre77Slayre77 Member, PRO Posts: 115

Where do you enter the promo code??

@Stoneclipse said:
    @dgackey I do not have an active subscription and I am having problem using the discount code. How do I send an intercom message?

Click the question mark icon in the lower right of any page on GameSalad.com.

@Slayre77 said:
    Where do you enter the promo code??

After you enter your credit card and billing information, there's a place to enter the code on the confirmation page.

• StoneclipseStoneclipse Member, PRO Posts: 130

@dgackey I have sent an intercom message 12 hours ago but have not receive a reply yet.

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685

@dgackey said:
    It's a legit promotion, but it was intended to be targeted to folks without an active subscription or who were expiring soon, since (as some of you are experiencing), adding a new subscription when you've already got an active one has some issues.

I've already helped a few of you, but anyone who had problems with it and who hasn't been helped yet, just send us an Intercom message about it and I'll get you taken care of tomorrow morning.

Dan

So can I use this promo to prematurely renew my subscription even though its not up until June?

edited November 2015

@Stoneclipse said:
    @dgackey I have sent an intercom message 12 hours ago but have not receive a reply yet.

We are on US Central time in Texas. Our work week started about an hour ago.

@gingagaming said:
    So can I use this promo to prematurely renew my subscription even though its not up until June?

Possibly :) Theoretically, that's fine, but our payment processing system can get confused with multiple subscriptions. I think if we turn off the renewal on your annual subscription, you can use the deal but it will end the existing subscription as of today and start a new annual, so I will have to manually adjust the end term of the new subscription.

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685

@dgackey said:

@gingagaming said:

Possibly :) Theoretically, that's fine, but our payment processing system can get confused with multiple subscriptions. I think if we turn off the renewal on your annual subscription, you can use the deal but it will end the existing subscription as of today and start a new annual, so I will have to manually adjust the end term of the new subscription.

Sounds like you have to do as many work arounds as we do with creator ;)

@gingagaming said:

Sounds like you have to do as many work arounds as we do with creator ;)

Software is hard.

• diogoredindiogoredin Member Posts: 50

Any Black Friday code for 2017? :)

• DaddyMagicDaddyMagic Member Posts: 34

+1

So? :)

Guess not. :(

This discussion has been closed.