Monthly GameSalad Meet-up. February 4, 2016 (7pm CT)

adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

I almost wrote 2015 up there...

Topic: Maximizing your Ad Revenue with Chartboost

This month, Dan Droller of Chartboost will talk about how to maximize your ad revenue (w/ Chartboost)!

Same bowl-time, same bowl-place.

If you're showing up at the Office, we're in building 2, 2nd floor! Let us know here: http://www.meetup.com/GameSalad/events/227230839/

If you're gonna lurk online, you can find the usual webinar info at:
https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/rt/5276049793597111809

Comments

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

Great! Yesterday I thought it was off this month. I'll be lurking. :smirk:

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

May be able to make this one. If not, I'm very much looking forward to the recording!

• ChunkypixelsChunkypixels Member Posts: 1,114

I'm guessing Q&A portion of the meetup is pretty much going to be him getting hammered with questions about Chartboost Rewarded Video Ads in GameSalad.

You just know its going to be the number one topic brought up :)

• As_Of_LatteAs_Of_Latte Member, BASIC Posts: 343

Looking forward to this meet-up :). I'll be lurking online through the live webinar!

@adent42 said:

Same bowl-time, same bowl-place.

I just noticed your joke. :lol: Same bowl-story. :p

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

Just a note, 1 hour until the meet up.

• crestwoodgamescrestwoodgames Member Posts: 191

Was not able to make it, but looking forward to the video!!

• ChunkypixelsChunkypixels Member Posts: 1,114

Sadly... due to low attendances, and the amount of work that goes into organising a meet up, they've announced that this is going to be the last one for the foreseeable future.

Shame really, as they've covered some interesting topics. But if its not worth their time to do them, then thats fully understandable.

Im guessing timing just wasn't good for most people to attend. Ive attended most of them online, but at 1am UK time, I can understand very low European attendance.

Still... sad to see them being shelved, for whatever reasons....

• unbeatenpixelunbeatenpixel Game Developer Member, PRO Posts: 568
    edited February 2016

I am always watching when they've shared on the youtube

But I live in Turkey, when you say meet-up at 7-8 pm, this time for me 3-4 am so I can't join in that time and that's not a problem for me, I still enjoy watching on YouTube.

Check out my games on the App Store!

Wordgraphy / Polycolor / 20 Seconds / Minimal Maze

• DigiChainDigiChain Member, PRO Posts: 1,277

Such a shame. I've never attended due to the time difference (I also live in the UK), but have watched many of them on the Youtube channel and have found them to be a great learning tool.

Sad to hear that. Unfortunately Thursday's are tough for me; a different weekday would be better. Or, even Saturday's would be great - weekends are more flexible for me.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327

They did say that if anyone wants to organise them they're happy for that to happen. I've got a few topics I'd love to talk about when I have time and I'm sure I'm not the only one, so if anyone wants to take on the job of running the meetup there's still potential for them!

@Armelline said:
    They did say that if anyone wants to organise them they're happy for that to happen. I've got a few topics I'd love to talk about when I have time and I'm sure I'm not the only one, so if anyone wants to take on the job of running the meetup there's still potential for them!

I believe I already have access to the Meet-up page ( @BlackCloakGS ? ), so I'd be happy to create the meet-ups when we have an interested speaker. I know I'd be more than happy to present a few topics here and there.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327

@Braydon_SFX said:
    I believe I already have access to the Meet-up page ( @BlackCloakGS ? ), so I'd be happy to create the meet-ups when we have an interested speaker. I know I'd be more than happy to present a few topics here and there.

I'm trying to get firm answers to a list of optimisation questions from the team, with the intention of using the gathered information to do a talk about optimisation. I've received positive signals back so far. I have a long list of questions myself, and so once I have firm confirmation that we can get the team to answer them, I'll make a thread to compile questions other people have too. Things like if using change attribute linear.velocity.x is more efficient than using a move behaviour etc. Little things that when you're pushing for every ounce of performance might make a difference. Look out for that thread next week, hopefully!

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

We should do it on a weekend day and at a time that works for people in UK. I can do one on the new features when 1.25 is out.

Gees, I hope I didn't jinx things with my smart-arse remark about 99.99% of members not attending a couple of days before this last one was announced? :'(

I am disappointed that the GS Team are not continuing monthly Meet-ups because I always attend and I always learn something. Time wise it is easy for me because 7pm in Texas is 11.30am in South Australia.

However, it is heartening to hear that @Braydon_SFX , @Armelline and @Lost_Oasis_Games may organise something. I'll fully support you guys and attend. If the time doesn't suit me, and you choose one to get better participation, I'm happy to watch a replay.

edited February 2016

Thanks, @PhilipCC. I'd also love to just start a session where we can all join in and just discuss all things GS. Nothing scheduled for a topic really (but hat can change), just join and discuss games, help each other solve issues with our games, and just have a good time. I'd love to do that.

But not sure if there's much interest for that kind of thing. :)

@Braydon_SFX said:
    Thanks, @PhilipCC. I'd also love to just start a session where we can all join in and just discuss all things GS. Nothing scheduled for a topic really (but hat can change), just join and discuss games, help each other solve issues with our games, and just have a good time. I'd love to do that.

But not sure if there's much interest for that kind of thing. :)

We should get some veterans together and talk game design and answer questions. @Braydon_SFX @Armelline @RThurman @Hopscotch @tatiang @Lost_Oasis_Games sounds like a good panel!

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034
    edited February 2016

So I'd be happy to set up the GotoWebinar for people. We generally don't do weekends because, well, we have weekend stuff. And the timing is because we're in Texas. But if everyone organizes something, and I'm free during the time period, I'd be happy to set up the webinar.

• HopscotchHopscotch Member, PRO Posts: 2,782

I am all for it, sounds like fun. Also, it will be a good signal for the community at large.

• crestwoodgamescrestwoodgames Member Posts: 191

@adent42 Do you know if there will be a video of this presentation on youtube?

Over a month has passed without a Meetup on my calendar which made me feel a bit maudlin as it was something I always looked forward to. :/

So today I held my own :D and listened to all the recordings and particularly enjoyed @Braydon_SFX 's January effort.

Those were the days.

@PhilipCC said:
    Over a month has passed without a Meetup on my calendar which made me feel a bit maudlin as it was something I always looked forward to. :/

So today I held my own :D and listened to all the recordings and particularly enjoyed @Braydon_SFX 's January effort.

Those were the days.

Check out my guru live stream.

@Lost_Oasis_Games said:

Check out my guru live stream.

Thanks Dave. I subscribed and the broadcasts are great.

I just miss seeing @BlackCloakGS eating pizza if I arrived online early. :yum:

• DuesDues Member Posts: 1,159

Any chance a video of this Meet-up will be uploaded? :)

edited March 2016

@Dues said:
    Any chance a video of this Meet-up will be uploaded? :)

I doubt it. It's been archived along with the others... :)