We need Rewarded Videos

Hi guys, I use GameSalad since 2009, and in these years I started to use other tools.
There are NO tools as easy and fast as GameSalad, I LOVE GameSalad, but the main issue of GS was always the monetization options.

Now we have Admob, Chartboost and more...but other developers make money while we're waiting...
How can a developer invest time and money on a GS game, if he can't optimize his revenue?

Dear GS's team... please, pleeeeaaaaaaase..... integrate Rawarded Videos. We need them, GS need them!!!!

Comments

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327

They're coming very soon, don't worry!

• GnarlyGnarly canadaMember Posts: 840

1.25 will hopefully address a lot of issues. But I believe it has reward videos?

But lots of people have been requesting this feature. I hope you get it.

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

@gattoman said:
    1.25 will hopefully address a lot of issues. But I believe it has reward videos?

But lots of people have been requesting this feature. I hope you get it.

Yes 1.25 has reward videos.

• gameviccigamevicci Member, PRO Posts: 306

Oh sorry I didn't read the mega-thread about 1.25 :D

Well, thanks for the info it's a really cool and epic information for me.
    Any release date?

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

@gamevicci said:
    Oh sorry I didn't read the mega-thread about 1.25 :D

Well, thanks for the info it's a really cool and epic information for me.
    Any release date?

Soon. They're very close to squashing all the bugs. It's going to be a very stable build.

• freneticzfreneticz SwedenMember, PRO Posts: 774

I cant see why rewarded videos are so good, but i want a stable build doh.

• pinkio75pinkio75 Member, PRO Posts: 1,211
    edited April 2016

@freneticz said:

Because people think their game isn't popular because they don't have the latest trinket. Usually there is not hard data that any new feature helps game sales. I often see people say around here, my game doesn't sell because of x, yet have not facts to support the conjecture. The simple fact is gamemaking is a tough competitive business and there is no silver bullet. You just have to keep creating and getting better at it and hope for some luck. There is no formula for making something go viral. You have to target an audience not just have an idea and build it. Game developing is more than just an idea and building it.

@Lost_Oasis_Games said:

@freneticz said:

Because people think their game isn't popular because they don't have the latest trinket. Usually there is not hard data that any new feature helps game sales. I often see people say around here, my game doesn't sell because of x, yet have not facts to support the conjecture. The simple fact is gamemaking is a tough competitive business and there is no silver bullet. You just have to keep creating and getting better at it and hope for some luck. There is no formula for making something go viral. You have to target an audience not just have an idea and build it. Game developing is more than just an idea and building it.

I never said that I need this feature to have more downloads, I just build a game that requires this kind of monetization service because putting it on the App Store as a paid game would be stupid.
    Users can ask about new features without being tagged as sap newbie developers

edited April 2016

@gamevicci said:

@Lost_Oasis_Games said:

@freneticz said:

I never said that I need this feature to have more downloads, I just build a game that requires this kind of monetization service because putting it on the App Store as a paid game would be stupid.

It wasn't aimed at your personally. If I was aiming At you I would have tagged you or quoted you. I was responding to another response in the thread as I quoted him. Don't just assume someone is talking about you when I was not. It was an in general comment. Man you can't state an opinion with someone getting freaked out.

• ClockClock Member Posts: 308

@Lost_Oasis_Games said:

@gamevicci said:

@Lost_Oasis_Games said:

@freneticz said:

It wasn't aimed at your personally. If I was aiming At you I would have tagged you or quoted you. I was responding to another response in the thread as I quoted him. Don't just assume someone is talking about you when I was not. It was an in general comment. Man you can't state an opinion with someone getting freaked out.

Mostly students and kids don't pay, however they do watch videos to get rewards.

• DigiChainDigiChain Member, PRO Posts: 1,277

@Lost_Oasis_Games said:

@gamevicci said:

@Lost_Oasis_Games said:

@freneticz said:

@Lost_Oasis_Games
    It was a bit of a sweeping and insulting statement to be fair though!
    I don’t think anybody believes their games will be downloaded more due to a different ad service being available - but those of us who rely on the income from our games (rather than game-making services etc.) will potentially benefit massively from this.

I’ve been one of the people quite vocal about needing this sooner rather than later, I already do well with interstitials and banner ads but with reward videos integrated I’m confident I can convert the thousands of daily installs I receive into a far better revenue stream.

edited April 2016

@DigiChain said:

@Lost_Oasis_Games said:

@gamevicci said:

@Lost_Oasis_Games said:

@freneticz said:

@Lost_Oasis_Games
    I don’t think anybody believes their games will be downloaded more due to a different ad service being available - but those of us who rely on the income from our games (rather than game-making services etc.) will potentially benefit massively from this.

I’ve been one of the people quite vocal about needing this sooner rather than later, I already do well with interstitials and banner ads but with reward videos integrated I’m confident I can convert the thousands of daily installs I receive into a far better revenue stream.

In trouble again..lol

http://adage.com/article/digitalnext/apple-s-move-ban-reward-advertising-a-good-thing/293698/

@Lost_Oasis_Games said:

@DigiChain said:

@Lost_Oasis_Games said:

@gamevicci said:

@Lost_Oasis_Games said:

@freneticz said:

@Lost_Oasis_Games

In trouble again..lol

http://adage.com/article/digitalnext/apple-s-move-ban-reward-advertising-a-good-thing/293698/

Published on June 16, 2014. Lol

• app_sauceapp_sauce Member, PRO Posts: 206

@Lost_Oasis_Games the article was published almost 2 years ago. Reward videos are a much better option for free games in my opinion. I delete any app that has interstitial ads. To me this is the ultimate forced participation that the author talks about. Reward ads are not forced at all, the user has a choice. I don't know what this article is talking about and it is obviously not relevant anymore.

SocializeTwitter , **My Site ** **Play Loop Zen Free **iOS HERE, Google Play HERE

• MentalDonkeyGamesMentalDonkeyGames Member Posts: 1,276

If i remember right, at some point Apple didn't allow reward videos, but later changed their opinion. There was even discussions about that here in the GS forums.

We'll see if they change their minds again.

Mental Donkey Games
    Website - Facebook - Twitter

• app_sauceapp_sauce Member, PRO Posts: 206

They did and then rolled it back almost immediately in 2014. I can see why Apple wouldn't like them. Reward videos give users the ability to get a slight discount on virtual currency. I agree it wont get you downloads having reward videos. But, it allows you to not spam users with interstitial or worse yet, video interstitial ads. And of course if you are making paid games it doesn't affect you at all.

SocializeTwitter , **My Site ** **Play Loop Zen Free **iOS HERE, Google Play HERE