App Icon not showing after downloading app

After generating my app on the Gamesalad website I click the sign app icon. My app signs with my provisional profile with no problem. But next when I save the app on my desktop it seems that app was downloaded as .app format and doesn't have any app icon.9 out of 10times this problem occurs. The time the app do download with the app icon there isn't any problem and the app is downloaded as .ipa format.

Answers

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

When you get to the final window you need to press the bottom button this will generate and ipa. Gamesalad natively generates an .app you can also package a .app and make it an ipa. Make a folder and call it Payload, the P must be a capital, put the .app file in the folder. Zip compress the folder. Now select the zip files name and change the .zip to .ipa on a Mac you will get a prompt asking if you want to change the file to .ipa click yes and it will now show as an iTunes file.

• Chris FitsimonsChris Fitsimons Member Posts: 134
    edited December 2017

Hi all. I just started to get this problem with my latest project. It seems when I upload a png 512x512 flattened image to my portfolio project, it does not stay saved. If I move back to portfolio and then back to the portfolio project, the images is gone. This means even if I add the image and publish, the downloaded app will have no icon.

I also noticed some of my other projects in the portfolio have missing icons so something is not quite right.

Anyone found a solution?

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

There are two things going on right now.

1) The icon on the publishing page doesn't always display. But usually if you publish, the app still has the icon.

2) I think since iOS 11 Apple requires 1024x1024 icons, and won't accept 512x512 ones, so you definitely need to update your icon.

thanks for the info. See the screen shot if this weird problem. Seems when i upload a 1024x1024 png, it does not even appear in the top left. The first challenge for me is to get the icon saved in the portfolio project.

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

What happens when you generate a .app file and put it on your test device?

As I said, the icon on the publishing portal doesn’t always show, but so far it’s always been there when generating in my experience.

Back from hols.
    When I put the app on the device, it has no icon. I will have to raise a ticket with support.