Good release of 1.25 but a little dissapointed.....

luke2125luke2125 Member, PRO Posts: 225

Hi,

Kudos to the Gamesalad staff for releasing the 1.25 update, and fixing some bugs....However, when will GameSalad have the option to export to Steam ( Exe ) ? Most of other game engines out there, have this feature, yet GameSalad doesn't have it. When I updated the Gamesalad to 1.25, I didn't see it there.....So, is this something Gamesalad will have in the near future? Thanks and God Bless....

Sincerely,

Sunday

Comments

• CodeWizardCodeWizard Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 1,143

I know, right?!

• DuesDues Member Posts: 1,159

@luke2125 I'll bet you're one of those people..

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,067

In the short term, you can use the HTML5 export + something like http://nwjs.io/ or http://xdk.intel.com/ to build for a number of platforms, including Windows EXE.

• BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239
    edited April 2016

@luke2125
    Gamesalad never mentioned to work on steam support for 1.25
    Just because they worked a long time on an update it will not magically spit out features you wished for before you went to bed.

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

@jonmulcahy is working out the method @adent42 showed above. Right now he hasn't got it down yet but we already talked and once he has HTMl 5 to exe export worked out he is going to teach me and I am going to do a video series on it.

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408

yea you can kind follow along with what I'm doing here:
    http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/89397/a-long-way-home-greenlit-on-steam#latest

I've generated Mac / Windows / Linux binaries that work great on all 3 devices. Working through some small hiccups which are more to deal with the HTML5 wrapper over the app. I've been posting about the issues I've found an workarounds in my thread.

HTML5 wrapped games need to work great as an HTML5 game first. And if you expect to get on steam, it better not look like a mobile game. During my greenlit process, 90% of the comments were about it being a mobile port. I had to reassure everyone that the game had basically been redesigned for this version.

• luke2125luke2125 Member, PRO Posts: 225

@luke2125 I'll bet you're one of those people..

@Dues....Well for starters, I don't like McDonald's, except Sub-Way, of course.......I'm one of those people, who thanks God for the good times and bad times, especially the bad times......

In the short term, you can use the HTML5 export + something like http://nwjs.io/ or http://xdk.intel.com/ to build for a number of platforms, including Windows EXE.

@adent42: Thank you adent2 for your support and kindness.....

@lycettebros: Godsalad

@lycettebros: John 13:34-35

@luke2125
    Gamesalad never mentioned to work on steam support for 1.25
    Just because they worked a long time on an update it will not magically spit out features you wished for before you went to bed.

@BigDave: There were previous posts, long, long, time ago, that GameSalad was working Export to Exe, unfortunately, things changed like the business model, change in personnel, etc....Therefore, as a paying customer which a lot of people are, been here already 6 years, I think it was proper for me to ask, I don't think there's nothing wrong is asking for clarification. If Gamesalad Staff, doesn't feel that at this time or in the near future, it's not beneficial as whole to implement Steam Game Exe, then please let us paying customers know, that at this time it's not feasible. I would completely understand......Also, I don't wish Gamesalad features before I go to bed, I don't believe in wishing....I do believe in Return on Investment. I've been around this boards for 6 years, and seen the ups and downs of Gamesalad, and always stuck around investing in Gamesald and it's business model, but I think it's time for me to go and invest in another game engine.....My yearly subscription runs out in July 2016, and then goodbye....

A big thanks and appreciation to CodeWizard, adent42, Lost_Oasis_Games, Braydon_SFX, MotherGoose, SteveJ, and others who've helped me throughout the years with their insights, tutorials, and questions answered.....Thanks, really appreciated....God Bless

Sincerely

Sunday

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited April 2016

@luke2125 said:
    John 13:34-35

GameSalad 13:34 was better.

I believe gamesalad is going to implement steam down the road as they did get green lit for steam but 1.25 was not the build for that. It was never part of the plan. 1.25 took longer due to staff downsizing. This delay pushed everything back. As was said you can do html 5 to exe so basically you can do it right now if you read up on it.

• BazookaTimeBazookaTime Member Posts: 1,274

@Socks said:

@luke2125 said:

So you are mocking this guy and his religious beliefs?

@BazookaTime said:

@Socks said:

@luke2125 said:

I'm not sure.

@BazookaTime said:

@Socks said:

@luke2125 said:

As a person of faith as well, it was a harmless joke a play on gamesalad versions. I didn't see it as an attack on anyone's faith.

• BazookaTimeBazookaTime Member Posts: 1,274

@Lost_Oasis_Games said:

@BazookaTime said:

@Socks said:

@luke2125 said:

As a person of faith as well, it was a harmless joke a play on gamesalad versions. I didn't see it as an attack on anyone's faith.

I guess I don't see the humor in stating a GS version is better than a passage in the Bible. I find it disrespectful and will leave it at that.

@BazookaTime said:
    I guess I don't see the humor in stating a GS version is better than a passage in the Bible. I find it disrespectful and will leave it at that.

No problem.

@BazookaTime said:

@Lost_Oasis_Games said:

@BazookaTime said:

@Socks said:

@luke2125 said:

The Lord has a sense of humor too. Prime example when the Philistines stole the Ark Of The Covenant God smites them with hemorrhoids. Now that is funny.