I'm Having Big Issues with new Builds Displaying on Android.

dimsdaledimsdale Member, PRO Posts: 495
edited May 2016 in Working with GS (Mac)

My new game is almost ready to launch, but androids builds only play in Portrait View, and not Landscape.
The Apple Universal builds set it Letter Box model and is zoomed in and off line when played on the iPad.

Comments

• dimsdaledimsdale Member, PRO Posts: 495

Hmm, just testing the Universal Build, after the game resets, it display is fixed. It only happens when the game is booted up first time.

The right image is how the game is booting up first time. After the game reset, that is after your die, I lines up correctly.

edited May 2016

On Android Builds I get the Gamesalad Logo in landscape and then the game switches to Portrait.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited May 2016

@dimsdale said:
    Hmm, just testing the Universal Build, after the game resets, it display is fixed. It only happens when the game is booted up first time.

Sounds like the code that sets up the scene/screen/camera size needs to be delayed a little ? Is this code (whatever you are using) the very first thing that fires ?

P.S aren't you worried that Williams will issue a cease and desist, not only does your game share their (pretty famous) Defender brand name but a near perfect copy of their logo too !?

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

@Socks said:

@dimsdale said:

Sounds like the code that sets up the scene/screen/camera size needs to be delayed a little ? Is this code (whatever you are using) the very first thing that fires ?

P.S aren't you worried that Williams will issue a cease and desist, not only does your game share their (pretty famous) Defender brand name but a near perfect copy of their logo too !?

Yep that is never going to get through apple review.

edited May 2016

thanks, putting a little delay there fixed the iPad issue :)
    BUT, the Android build still in Portrait mode. Any ideas there???

Defender Just a working title, I'm not ready to announce the proper games title ;)

• KevinCrossKevinCross London, UKMember Posts: 1,894
    edited May 2016

@Lost_Oasis_Games said:

Yep that is never going to get through apple review.

I doubt they check logos on games. And not everyone on the review team would know of the game Defender. If they can let through a game that's published in the wrong orientation and won't get past the intro screen because the next/start button is off the screen (making it impossible to play) then they'd let through a near copy of the Defender logo.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@dimsdale said:
    thanks, putting a little delay there fixed the iPad issue :)

Glad it worked ! :)

@dimsdale said:
    Defender Just a working title, I'm not ready to announce the proper games title ;)

Mrs Defender™ ?

@Socks i like that, but it's trade marked already :(

So, no one else is having issue on Android with there game displaying incorrectly???

• MentalDonkeyGamesMentalDonkeyGames Member Posts: 1,276

In the scene attributes, under the autorotate section, have you set it to landscape? It needs to be set in each scene of your game.

Mental Donkey Games
    Website - Facebook - Twitter

Thanks @MentalDonkeyGames
    I only have one scene in the game, and have it set like this:-

and these setting still do not work :(

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327

What setting for supported orientations are you using during publishing?

@Armelline there isn't anything to select for Android Builds any more.

@dimsdale said:
    @Armelline there isn't anything to select for Android Builds any more.

Huh? Yes there is.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327

@Lost_Oasis_Games said:
    Huh? Yes there is.

He's right - they appear to have gone. Presumably an oversight? I could have sworn the used to be there.

yes, i'm pretty sure they used to be there too.

@Armelline said:

@Lost_Oasis_Games said:
    Huh? Yes there is.

He's right - they appear to have gone. Presumably an oversight? I could have sworn the used to be there.

Will post in slack thread.

What is the "Slack Tread"??

edited May 2016

@dimsdale said:
    What is the "Slack Tread"??

This is a private thread for the gamesalad beta group. In it we have access to the GS staff.

@tant42 said that Android doesn't look at orientation like iOS and looks right at the scene settings. He said the only reason they used to have it was because play haven need that info.

Hmm, this rotation problem doesn't happen on my new phone.