provisioning profile madness--can I NUKE them all and start fresh?

iKandyiKandy Imagineer of Crazy ShitNew York CityMember Posts: 310

I've deleted all duplicates from keychain, apple developer account, x-code yet I still get the error of duplicate provisioning profiles when I try to publish. In the cases where I don't get the error and I successfully deliver the app to apple, then I get the "must be signed with the certificate that is contained in the provisioning profile." I'm going around and around in circles.

My question is simple: Should I delete ALL my certificates and profiles and start over from scratch?

Comments

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,331

That is what I normally do when Apple have broken my spirit. Generally works.

• iKandyiKandy Imagineer of Crazy Shit New York CityMember Posts: 310

Thanks for the support Armeline!

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

I nuked them all.
    I deleted all certificates, provisioning profiles and keys in:
    1.) keychain,
    2.) apple dev,
    3.) xcode.

I did a test.
    I downloaded the game and tried to code-sign
    and it said "no provisioning profiles found"
    which confirmed that I deleted EVERYTHING.

I then created a fresh, brand-new Distribution Certificate and provisioning profile

I then downloaded from GS to code-sign my game

and it now it AGAIN tells me there's a duplicate (ambiguous provisioning profile)

Anybody have an answer? ..... anybody?

• KnightStarKnightStar Member Posts: 162

If you're truly trying to Nuke em from Orbit to be sure, make sure to remove the duplicate profiles not only from the Apple Dev Site, but also from your Mac AND devices.. Go into xcode and you can see the profiles on the devices..

Thanks KnightStar, but if you read my post I did delete them from all those things. Although, I don't know what you mean by deleting them from your "devices". I don't see any provisioning profiles associated with a device (ie: ipad, iphone.) What am I missing here?

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

Have you tried making a new user on your Mac and setting up your profiles there?

• KnightStarKnightStar Member Posts: 162

@iKandy said:
    Thanks KnightStar, but if you read my post I did delete them from all those things. Although, I don't know what you mean by deleting them from your "devices". I don't see any provisioning profiles associated with a device (ie: ipad, iphone.) What am I missing here?

When you are in Xcode and your iphone / ipad is plugged into your Mac, look to upper tab and hit WINDOW and then DEVICES from the drop down menu. From the newly opened window, you should see your plugged in device in the upper left corner. Highlight the device and then tap the Gear icon in the lower left portion of the Devices window. That should bring up a new window that displays the provisioning profiles currently installed on the device you have plugged in. From there, you can delete the profiles installed should you desire to..

It says "No provisioning profiles installed"