Consumable IAPs

Hello, strangers.

Are there any good tutorials and/or templates out there that show to set up consumable in-app purchases? I'm afraid my brain must be a few sizes too small. I'm having a very difficult time grasping what needs to be done on the GS end to make this work.

I was trying to convert @Armelline's template to be used with consumables. But maybe it would be easier to start from scratch?

Any help would be appreciated. I think my confusion is confusing me.

Comments

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327

You can convert my template for use with consumables with about 30 seconds of work. Just add the consuming when the purchase is confirmed as successfully.

• DerfMilarDerfMilar Member Posts: 27

@Armelline said:
    You can convert my template for use with consumables with about 30 seconds of work. Just add the consuming when the purchase is confirmed as successfully.

Thanks for the reply! I will give that a shot. It sounds so much easier when you say it. My brain complicates things.

Hey @Armelline, I've got another question for you.

I'm testing with your template (using TestFlight), but anytime I click on "Buy Now" it gets hung at the "Buying" phase.

I haven't change anything with your template. I even named my Product ID for my in-app purchase "item", the same as it is in your template. I'm just trying to get my head wrapped around how this all works.

Thanks for any help!

I've not tested the template since 1.25, so I'll need to do that before I can say if it's a template issue. It was definitely working prior to 1.25. I'll be doing some tests tonight, so I'll get back to you on that!

Be sure you use the same purchase ID in these three places: The Buy behaviour, the PurchaseTable and the iTunes Connect IAP page. One being different is the most common problem.

@Armelline said:
    I've not tested the template since 1.25, so I'll need to do that before I can say if it's a template issue. It was definitely working prior to 1.25. I'll be doing some tests tonight, so I'll get back to you on that!

Be sure you use the same purchase ID in these three places: The Buy behaviour, the PurchaseTable and the iTunes Connect IAP page. One being different is the most common problem.

Awesome! Thank you for the information! I'm looking forward to hearing if you discover anything as you test it again with 1.25.

• fmakawafmakawa Member Posts: 565

@Armelline same problem when I tested it too.

I didn't get the opportunity to test it yesterday, but I'll take a look as soon as I can. Really not sure what the problem is likely to be, though, as nothing very complicated happens in the template. Will see!

@Armelline did you happen to take a look at your template?

@fmakawa Turns out my developer account expired again, and I can't renew it for a couple of weeks. If you want to hop on Skype at some point, though, we can take a look at it using your account, if you'd rather not wait.

• chalterchalter Member, PRO Posts: 10

When I setup my IAP with an iOS game I needed to get the GameSalad side done and set up the IAP information in iTunes Connect for the game that would use the IAP. Once all the IAP information and ids are done for both iTunes and GameSalad I needed to create a tester iTunes account to see it work. The tricky part here was I needed to completely sign out of my iTunes account before testing the IAP.

The cookbook has a pretty good walk-though

edited June 2016

@fmakawa @Dave Miller I finally had a chance to get my template tested, and it seems to be functional still. If anyone else has had problems with it, please drop me a message so I can try to figure out what's tripping people up.

There's a checkbox in iTunes Connect's IAP section that I've seen trip people up a lot in the past. Pretty good chance it's something like that. More information and testing needed, though.

@Armelline I eventually got it to work. No idea what I did though or what was tripping me up now.