GameSalad Laggy

Village IdiotVillage Idiot Member, PRO Posts: 486

Lately I've been seeing a lot of my Mac's Beach ball of despair. Does anyone know of anything going on with the latest version? Or is it my Mac that's having issues here. It seems to be ok with my other apps.

Comments

• allc1865allc1865 Member, PRO Posts: 777

same here. i think it's the new OSX update which I just installed last night. GS was working great until then. Sigh.

if you go back to GS version 1.24, its not laggy. However, if you've saved your files under the 1.25 version, trying open those files under the version 1.24, it will crash :(

I never should've updated to OSX 10.11.
    :( :(

cue sad music cue violin
    "some people gotta learn the hard way"

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

I think GS is aware of the issue. But yeah, creator is slow lately.

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• salino2835salino2835 Member, PRO Posts: 76

Ive contacted GS and they are aware of the issue and working on a fix and should be released ASAP

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327

@allc1865 said:

cue sad music cue violin

This has nothing to do with 10.11 overall, rather 10.11.5. And the upside is that this update causing so many problems has forced them to go back and rework some very old code in GameSalad that means we're getting some features we've been asking for for years (remembering positions in windows!) and Creator will be faster and better than ever!

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@Armelline said:
    remembering positions in windows!

• shanlabsshanlabs Member, PRO Posts: 12

Experiencing same issue here. GS became extremely laggy overnight... Any update on fixes?

• Village IdiotVillage Idiot Member, PRO Posts: 486

damn that animation @Socks – can't take my eyes off it!

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

what do you mean by remembering positions in windows ?

@Icebox said:
    what do you mean by remembering positions in windows ?

Well we only have one line written by CodeWizard in the testing channel to go with, but I think everyone assumed this: Imagine you go to the layers list, then select an actor and double click on it to edit it. You scroll down to the bottom and add some logic. When you hit back, it will remember that you were looking at the layer list, and if you go back into the actor it will remember you were at the bottom where you just added some logic. Small thing, but potentially huge time saver. Of course, we might all be misinterpreting what CodeWizard said.

Real time saver right that would be awesome if it applies to the scene/preview as well . I hope thats what he means :)

@Icebox said:
    Real time saver right that would be awesome if it applies to the scene/preview as well . I hope thats what he means :)

What do you mean by "applies to the scene/preview as well"?

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@Armelline said:

@Icebox said:

What do you mean by "applies to the scene/preview as well"?

If you have a 10,000 x 6,000 pixel scene . . . and you scroll around to find the area you want to work on . . . double click on an actor in this area (perhaps to change its size or rotate to some exact value) and then hit the back button to find yourself back at 0,0 rather than the position you'd scrolled to . . . so to continue working on this area you need to start the search / scrolling again . . . find the next actor in this area . . double click, change a value . . . hit back . . . and once again you're back to 0,0 . . . etc

It would be incredibly useful if our position in the scene was not reset every time we shifted focus.

edited May 2016

@Socks said:
    If you have a 10,000 x 6,000 pixel scene . . . and you scroll around to find the area you want to work on . . . double click on an actor in this area (perhaps to change its size or rotate to some exact value) and then hit the back button to find yourself back at 0,0 rather than the position you'd scrolled to . . . so to continue working on this area you need to start the search / scrolling again . . . find the next actor in this area . . double click, change a value . . . hit back . . . and once again you're back to 0,0 . . . etc

It would be incredibly useful if our position in the scene was not reset every time we shifted focus.

This is what i meant @Armelline , it really kills me with platform games , keep scrolling the whole time , if they do this then great , or if they give us the ability to control actor location/size/rotation from outside like the windows version, that would be great too

@Armelline said:

@allc1865 said:

cue sad music cue violin

This has nothing to do with 10.11 overall, rather 10.11.5. And the upside is that this update causing so many problems has forced them to go back and rework some very old code in GameSalad that means we're getting some features we've been asking for for years (remembering positions in windows!) and Creator will be faster and better than ever!

reason I said it was OSX is because GS 1.25 has been working well and fast. It only became laggy when I updated to 10.11.
    But I'm glad that they're going to fix this.

Ah that makes sense! For the scene, anyway. The preview bit threw me. We'll not have positions in preview remembered any time soon, I don't think (nor should we, in my opinion).

• Village IdiotVillage Idiot Member, PRO Posts: 486

loving that gif that @Socks posted