"Pizza Rat Race - endless traps arcade" finally online on the App Store!

Wonder MaruWonder Maru Member, PRO Posts: 98

This is my first game with Game Salad! Really exciting to see it finally on the app store!

The game has a very simple concept, but introduce something new, like the character getting fatter while you progress in the game :)

Here's the presentation video we made for the game:

And these are 3 steps of the production, from the first prototype to a more advanced version

Hope you guys will give it a try (it's FREE) and give us a review!

Thanks to all the amazing people who kindly answered my many questions during this first attempt!!!

Wonder Maru: casual games for casual people. www.wondermaru.com

Comments

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

Hey congrats! i remember seeing this , looks like a fun game wish you the best

• Wonder MaruWonder Maru Member, PRO Posts: 98

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

Looks like fun! Will download this evening!

Hi guys!
    We received quite a lot of feedback about the game being insanely hard and the control being quite annoying, SO we listened to our users and changed both controls and difficulty and the game is now way more enjoyable!

I don't know if any of you tried it, but if so please give it another try now, I'm sure you'll find it a better experience

If you didn't before, well, just try it now :smile:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pizza-rat-race-endless-traps/id1096269916

We'd really like to get your feedback!

Thanks!

• GreenfroggGamesGreenfroggGames Member Posts: 224

Nice game! I like it but...
    Video ads are super annoying and the banner ad is where I want to place my thumb, would prefer it on top instead. Also the loading when you die would be nice to get rid of as I just want to start over as quick as possible. Otherwise it's a solid game you got there:)

@GreenfroggGames said:
    Nice game! I like it but...
    Video ads are super annoying and the banner ad is where I want to place my thumb, would prefer it on top instead. Also the loading when you die would be nice to get rid of as I just want to start over as quick as possible. Otherwise it's a solid game you got there:)

Hey, thanks for the feedback!
    About the video ads, what do you mean? Too many or what? There's an ad every 5 game over, which is sort of a standard for this kind of games.

To be honest, well, they have to be a little annoying, that's why we have the "Remove ads" in app purchase :smile:

Thanks for the feedback though!

@Wonder Maru It's just annoying that you have to watch the whole thing without any option to close the ad, makes me not wanna play. But that's just me, others might not care;)

@GreenfroggGames said:
    @Wonder Maru It's just annoying that you have to watch the whole thing without any option to close the ad, makes me not wanna play. But that's just me, others might not care;)

I see. But is there another network for interstitial videos supported by GameSalad? We're using Chartboost and it seems their ads are not skippable

@Wonder Maru I don't think there is but I'm not sure. I just prefer interstitial ads because you can close them right away

• -Timo--Timo- Member Posts: 2,313
    edited May 2016

Looks cool! Will download now
    edit: just downloaded it and I like it. The obstacles are spawning on screen very close to the mouse though. You should probably change it so the obstacles spawn further of screen. Furthermore, great job!

• MentalDonkeyGamesMentalDonkeyGames Member Posts: 1,276

@Wonder Maru said:

@GreenfroggGames said:

I see. But is there another network for interstitial videos supported by GameSalad? We're using Chartboost and it seems their ads are not skippable

They are skippable, but you need to enable it in Chartboost settings. Under the advanced settings of your video campaign, there's a checkbox that says "Allow player to skip video during playback"

Mental Donkey Games
    Website - Facebook - Twitter

@MentalDonkeyGames said:

@Wonder Maru said:

@GreenfroggGames said:

They are skippable, but you need to enable it in Chartboost settings. Under the advanced settings of your video campaign, there's a checkbox that says "Allow player to skip video during playback"

I didn't know about that! just found it! Thanks a lot!

@ETGgames said:
    Looks very professional! Great job :)

thank you! :smile:

@timolapre1998 said:
    Looks cool! Will download now
    edit: just downloaded it and I like it. The obstacles are spawning on screen very close to the mouse though. You should probably change it so the obstacles spawn further of screen. Furthermore, great job!

The obstacle spawning distance depends on the rat size. It increase along with the rat getting bigger. After the first 3-4 pizzas it's already pretty far. We tested a lot and this was the best compromise to have a fair distance in the beginning without haveing HUGE space when the rat is at its max size