CLicking on your own add

Today I saw one of my friend who is also a ios developer that he downloaded his own game from the AppStore and was clicking on all the adds that appeared so that he makes money! But isn't it unethical? And also can he get banned by admob for doing this?

Comments

• myke66myke66 Member Posts: 74

Yes you can get banned from Admob for clicking your own ads.

• Bowhill GamesBowhill Games Member Posts: 191

Do not do it, you get a 30day ban from admob (no adds show in your app) for your first time. then a life time ban.

if you want to check the ads are working there is an ad trial code they can give you.

(site currently under construction)
  • shahadat7517171shahadat7517171 Member Posts: 22

@Bowhill Games said:
    Do not do it, you get a 30day ban from admob (no adds show in your app) for your first time. then a life time ban.

if you want to check the ads are working there is an ad trial code they can give you.

Have you done this? Are you sure this will happen? cuz he is doing just fine ( although I don't know for long he is doing this) .

• rico240rico240 Member, PRO Posts: 32

Last year i did not know this rule and experienced the 30 day ban from only clicking mostly during testing on multiple devices. After 30 days you're back and good but the annoying part they keep the stats of that time in the report totals. Need to hire a team of people to click them all over the world haha. Im not sure about RevMob. I find the model we have to follow is crazy in comparison to other products with ads. Notice when we pay for cable and satellite, we are forced to still watch commercials...Mobile gaming & software has managed to flip this model. Its worse than the used car business structure. :D