Make an app instead of a game

BaccardaBaccarda Member Posts: 122

Hello everyone!
Would it be possible to make a multi user based app which just shows user posts to other users ? Something like twitter but not with that many options. just to show plain text to every app user.

Thanks in advance ;)

Comments

• imjustmikeimjustmike Member Posts: 450

You could. But you probably shouldn't.

For one, it's not going to be as easy as using another tool - gamesalad is designed to make games, that's what the engine is for.

Which leads to the second point - there'll be a lot of overhead in your app that is completely redundant. You'll be loading a game engine to post messages - far too much bloat for your needs.

If I were you I'd probably look to make a web app and wrap it up as a native app using something like phonegap.

• BaccardaBaccarda Member Posts: 122

Is there any engine which could be easy to use as gamesalad? Drag and drop basically and adding own design elements.

• imjustmikeimjustmike Member Posts: 450

I personally haven't used any so can't vouch for them, but the first page of google for "drag and drop app builder" is full of suggestions.

I personally recommend learning a bit of html and javascript and building a web app. There's bound to be a tutorial for something simple like a messaging service.