Need help with Name That Character template

Sorry I'm new to game dev so I really need help.

I recently bought a template "Name That Character" and there is an error on it. When the answer has two words separated with space it does not work.

Here's the error I got, the answer is "rock paper ninja squad" but it's messed up:

Is that really the case on the templates? Like it's incomplete and you need to figure out yourself and fix the error?

Thanks

Comments

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685

Hi @ynnossence welcome to the forums. The problem with templates are they are meant just as that, a template that you can then build on to create your own game.

The best thing to do is contact the vendor and ask them if there is an updated version of the template or if they are willing to modify the template for your needs. (Expect to pay for this service if you require custom mods). If there is an error on the template most vendors will correct this for you and update the original file but not always. Vendors all act differently with aftersales.

If you cannot come to some agreement with the vendor then you have 2 more options. You can request help here on the forums and provide a little more information and ask the community to help you solve it (you would need a little experience with GS though). Or you can hire someone to repair or modify the template to your exact needs.

I hope this helps.

• KevinCrossKevinCross London, UKMember Posts: 1,894

You should contact GSHelper.com where you purchased the template. Those that haven't bought the template can't see what the problem is. You might be able to upload screenshots of the code where you're having a problem but not the whole project.

But to answer your question, no it's not the norm to sell templates that are broken and expect the buyer to fix them with no support. If templates do break it's probably because GameSalad have released a new version of the Creator which breaks the templates. That's then down to GSHelper and the original template creators to go through and update their templates.

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

Tagging @uptimistik