Want to constrain an attribute to one instance of an actor in the scene

jasonmogg55jasonmogg55 Member, PRO Posts: 2

I am currently making a scene where instances of an actor are spawning. After they spawn i would like to change an attribute on the actor i touch to something else. Currently all instances react to the changes. I have tried Bool and Constrain in many forms to try and have the reaction i am looking for. Any leads or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am thinking a numbered actor table and referencing that table to change the attribute of that numbered actor is the way to go. Unsure hoot go about this conumdrum.

Comments

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@jasonmogg55 said:
    . . . i would like to change an attribute on the actor i touch to something else.

You can use:

When touch is pressed
    --Change attribute.

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

Make sure you are using actor attributes (e.g. self.______) rather than scene or game attributes.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• jasonmogg55jasonmogg55 Member, PRO Posts: 2

Thank You for all your insight members.

Taking a break and new ways of thinking on it with your comments. I figured it out. i used the one actor that is attached to another actor spawn an actor upon touch and used that actor to change the one attached to it.
    Used collision of the new spawned actor as the trigger to change the appearance of the actor i wanted to change attributes for.