How come

When I drag my ground graphic onto my scene, it takes the image and multiplies it into a giant tiled square? .......

Comments

• NNterprisesNNterprises Member, PRO Posts: 387

It always makes a 120x120 square if you directly drag it from your art assets without an actor because it is creating an actor and that's the default

• Spalding004Spalding004 Member, BASIC Posts: 89

Are you dragging an image onto a larger actor already on the screen?

Doing this replaces the graphic (if any) of an existing actor. If you want to add an actor this way, drag the graphic into an area where there are no other actors.

• PixelateddaddyPixelateddaddy Member Posts: 20

@NNterprises said:
    It always makes a 120x120 square if you directly drag it from your art assets without an actor because it is creating an actor and that's the default

Well what I mean is instead of bringingredients the graphice in as one piece it takes the graphic and makes multiples of it but as if it's one piece.....hard to explain I'll try to post a pic

Seems it does it when I put the asset to "tiled"

Please help lol

• UncloudedStudioUncloudedStudio NetherlandsMember Posts: 285

@Pixelateddaddy said:

I think you have already answered your question.

Open your (prototype) actor and in the inspector you will find a tab called "graphics" just set the horizontal and vertical tiling to fixed and you are good to go.

@UncloudedStudio said:

@Pixelateddaddy said:

I think you have already answered your question.

Open your (prototype) actor and in the inspector you will find a tab called "graphics" just set the horizontal and vertical tiling to fixed and you are good to go.

Yes I realised that but I want to be able to place my ground actor and drag it in tile form to make it extend without having to piece together numerous amounts of the actor.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@Pixelateddaddy said:
    Yes I realised that but I want to be able to place my ground actor and drag it in tile form to make it extend without having to piece together numerous amounts of the actor.

Then leave it as it is (tiled) ?

@Socks said:

@Pixelateddaddy said:

Then leave it as it is (tiled) ?

Look at the image I posted. That is what happens when I hit tiled. It takes the image and makes tons of it all in the actors space. I want it to onlyrics show the single actor in the whole space and tile only when I drag the sides.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@Pixelateddaddy said:
    I want it to onlyrics show the single actor in the whole space and tile only when I drag the sides.

In 'Graphics' change the tile size to the size you need.

@Socks said:

@Pixelateddaddy said:
    I want it to onlyrics show the single actor in the whole space and tile only when I drag the sides.

In 'Graphics' change the tile size to the size you need.

I've set the image to its actually size and also have tried 64x64 and all the same result

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

The tile size is in relation to the actor size.

My actual image is 150x121, so what would I put in actor size and for graphic tile width and height

Would love some help

• NNterprisesNNterprises Member, PRO Posts: 387

Idk anything but this thread they were talking about today says stuff about GS automatically resizing images based on PPI. I got nothing, good luck

http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/92818/ppi-does-it-matter-please-help#latest

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772

I'm not exactly sure what you need but the demo attached show the different graphic settings option you have for actors. Maybe it will help some. Each actor has had their size increased to 250 x 250 pixels with various graphics setting applied to the images within the actors.