Moving Camera Origin

Hey guys, I need a bit of help. I'm wanting to use the Move To behavior to move the camera origin to different points so I can get that slide effect. How would I go about doing so, because I cant seem to figure it out if it really is possible. Thanks!

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    Unlock the actor in the scene and you'll have access to the scene attributes which include the camera origin x/y.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• tylerglessnertylerglessner Member Posts: 246
    @tatiang Im wanting to actually use MOVE TO on the camera origin itself, not an actor. Unless I'm just not understanding what you're saying
  • tylerglessnertylerglessner Member Posts: 246
    Nevermind, figured it out! Silly me, that was simple :D
  • tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    Glad you got it working. The Move To command can go on any actor on the scene as long as it's been unlocked.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• Screaming Goat AppsScreaming Goat Apps Member, PRO Posts: 10

tylerglessner how did you figure it out? I would also like my camera origin move left and right in a scrolling fashion like a "move to" function from the screens center location to specific origin X axis points, left and right of center. Then from the left or right X axis origin location click on an actor on either side to move the camera back to center. I have tried several techniques, and cannot get it to work smoothly.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@dbratley66 said:
    I would also like my camera origin move left and right in a scrolling fashion like a "move to" function from the screens center location to specific origin X axis points, left and right of center. Then from the left or right X axis origin location click on an actor on either side to move the camera back to center. I have tried several techniques, and cannot get it to work smoothly.

Like @tatiang says, to access the camera's origin you must first place an actor into the scene and then unlock it.

Then you can simply interpolate the camera's origin.

Demo attached, click on the screen to scroll.

• Screaming Goat AppsScreaming Goat Apps Member, PRO Posts: 10

Socks, thanks for the quick reply. That was what I was looking for! Works great!

• Sas-djSas-dj Member Posts: 46

socks , when i move the camera , whats best way to stop , like in a shoot em up .. when killed

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited February 2017

"when i move the camera , whats best way to stop"

Not enough information.