Tutorial: Facebook Sharing with GameSalad

ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327
edited August 2016 in Community Tutorials

So, while we wait for GameSalad to implement proper Facebook sharing, there are a few ways to include limited Facebook sharing in your game. This is one. It's not a bad approach, and fills the gap while we wait for official support. Attached is a tutorial and a template. This is not a method I discovered or invented, but there isn't a guide or template for it currently, so I thought I'd make one.

The tutorial walks you through setting up a Facebook App ID. You'll need a Facebook account. It's pretty easy, and there are lots of pictures.

The template provides you with an actor that can be dragged and dropped from the template to your own project. Once you've done that, you just need to fill in a few fields and you're good to go. If you're on Windows, you can't drag and drop and this will all be way harder. I'll see if I can figure out a good approach for Windows users.

With this guide you can add Facebook sharing to your app in about 10 minutes. Less if you're nimble fingered!

I'm not at all sure that every step is needed, or the best way to do things, so let me know of any possible improvements and I'll update the tutorial/template!

I'll provide limited support in this thread, but please be aware that I'm not an expert in this Facebook stuff, and you'll probably have questions I can't answer.

Comments