Universal Builds

So i've just about finished my game and just discovered though the tutorials i've been watching that if i wanted a universal build i would have had to start on an ipad layout and plug the code in there.
I've done mine on a iphone 5 portrait and of course i'm trying to find a way to get this to fit nicely on everything including android.
I found a video a little while a go where a guy had done something so the everything in his game resized it self and looked perfect no matter what platform it was on but i can't find that video again.
So does anyone know a way to do this?

Comments

• BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764

Was it my video?

If so that was done in Landscape, but heres a Portrait template just a minor change to constrain rules for portrait.

• grahameckersleygrahameckersley Member Posts: 81

No i haven't seen that one before but that's great thank you i'm gonna try that out

edited September 2016

So I've gone and plugging this in, so far i haven't had any problems completing my game while translating all the tutorials into windows from mac however i seem to be having one with this.
    1. I cant find the actor you refer to in the video on the first scene when i open the file, it's just not there, when i run it it does exactly what you said it would but that actor doesn't appear in the file. So i plugged it in just the way i could see it in the file and the result was it done nothing, so i entered it the way you did in the video creating the actor on the first scene that sets the attributes (which obviously makes more seance) and this is where my translation problem comes in, in windows i don't seem to have a way to get to the game camera through the attributes selection...
    As best i could figure out in windows it's "game.devices.screen.size.hight" but when i do this anything i attached the change attribute to in the game to shift up disappears completely. I also tried "game.displaysize.hight" and had the same affect they just disappear. Everything ells I've been able to common seance my way through but i just can't think of how ells to do it with this...

1. And the second thing is i keep reading that i need to put the universal build in however without any universal code when i run it and switch between different portrait options it looks great it adjusts to everything already so... do i actually need to do it...?
      However when i switch to different portrait views the buttons for selecting games and levels stop working so i figured this was the reason to enter the universal code, perhaps...

I no that's a lot but I'm really quite stumped here on what to do...

• freneticzfreneticz SwedenMember, PRO Posts: 774

To get to the scene.camera you must unlock the actor on scene

@grahameckersley said:

1. I cant find the actor you refer to in the video on the first scene when i open the file, it's just not there

The actor is called camSize and is in bottom left corner (the white square) or goto layers and double click from there.

Thanks freneticz i did that and found the camera, awesome.
    BBEnk ok yea i found him he was right down the bottom could only just see the top of him ahaha but yea got him, thank you again.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@grahameckersley said:
    . . . he was right down the bottom could only just see the top of him . . .

If you can't easily find an actor, you can open the Layers window and search there, it's often a lot easier that clicking actors in the scene as you can see the names of each actor in the Layers view.

• bpositivegamesbpositivegames Member Posts: 13

thank you very much for this tutorial. Everything went exactly like in the tutorial. but i didn't see the stretch option on my game salad screen. do some version of gamesalad not have it. if so what do i do instead.

@bpositivegames said:
    thank you very much for this tutorial. Everything went exactly like in the tutorial. but i didn't see the stretch option on my game salad screen. do some version of gamesalad not have it. if so what do i do instead.

It only shows up when you change device in preview, it's also in publishing.

• bpositivegamesbpositivegames Member Posts: 13

@BBEnk said:

@bpositivegames said:

It only shows up when you change device in preview, it's also in publishing.

Thank you,