Way of counting large numbers by putting k

jdrzljdrzl Member Posts: 6

I need a numbering system that will go up to high numbers, but not be the whole number. So, like once you get to 1000 it will be like 1 thousand, 1.11 thousand, 1.12 thousand, etc. But after thousand, the same thing with million, billion, trillion quadrillion, ect. But if possible after septillion it starts counting by like e^100

I don't know if it is possible, but if anyone had any ideas please share.

Thanks!

Comments

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

Divide the score by 1,000.

1,214 = 1.214

• jdrzljdrzl Member Posts: 6

@Socks Ya I tried that but do you have any idea how I would add the K.

edited November 2016

@jdrzl said:
    @Socks Ya I tried that but . . . .

Did it not work ?

@jdrzl said:
    . . . do you have any idea how I would add the K.

What does 'add the K' mean ?

@Socks Ya the division part works but like I want to add the letter k (thousand) or the word thousand to the end.

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

Like display text "k"?
    1.12 k?

@jdrzl said:
    @Socks Ya the division part works but like I want to add the letter k (thousand) or the word thousand to the end.

You can join two elements (like an attribute and text) together like this . . .

Attribute.." Word"

@Socks
    I'll try that thanks

@Toque
    Ya, like that it is not so important in like 1.2 thousand but later when it becomes numbers such as trillion and higher.

• KevinCrossKevinCross London, UKMember Posts: 1,894

I created an example of this a while back after thinking about doing a clicker game. I didn't create the game but I did get the score to show k, m, b, t, q and other letters to represent high numbers (I didn't make the letters up. I Googled them at the time).

You press the buttons in the project to increase the score and you'll see the score increase in the large text display and the score will shorten and show letters when they get to a certain point.

The buttons increase the score and the score text display has rules to show the relevant letters.

I can't attach the project as I'm no longer a paying user so here's a dropbox link to it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tandbo5xxz18bqh/Clicker.zip?dl=0