Why is my steamer floating?

siqicat19@hotmail.comsiqicat19@hotmail.com Member Posts: 2
edited December 2016 in Help Wanted

Hey everyone! I have been making a game with GS recently, but a bug appeared in the gameplay and I had no idea how to solve it.

The rule is to catch as many pieces of dimsum as you can while avoiding the steamers, because the steamers will stack up and when they touches the sky, game over. The thing is, the steamers begin to pile up in a wierd way after it catches 2 or 3 steamers: there are gaps between steamers, which seems like they're floating..!!

I know (more or less) where the problem comes from, but I dont know how to debug...is there anyone who can help?

Here's my demo: http://arcade.gamesalad.com/games/139721
(Click on the white button to start)

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

I know (more or less) where the problem comes from

And that would be...?

For starters, you need to explain how you are stacking the steamer actors.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• @tatiang said:

I know (more or less) where the problem comes from

And that would be...?

For starters, you need to explain how you are stacking the steamer actors.

Oh, I'm sorry...How should I put it?

1. I placed 3 initial steamers in the cart, named "steamer 1" "steamer 2" "steamer 3". I constrain their position to the cart's position, to attach them with the cart (move together);
    2. I created 6 real attributes, and constrained the x/y positions of each steamer to these 6 attributes.
    3. I created a rule for "steamer 1", that when it collides with enemies (falling steamer), it would spawn actor "steamer 1" in the x position of "steamer 1" and the y position - 150 of "steamer 1" (which basically means right above the initial steamer 1).
    4. The same rule applies to steamer 2/3, with the corresponding attributes.