iPad Built version strange behavior

federico.fantozzi@hotmail.itfederico.fantozzi@hotmail.it Member, PRO Posts: 8

Hi, I'm developing a game with GameSalad and yesterday I experienced a strange situation: I made a version for iPad, everything was good, i tried the game, but the game was not managing correctly attributes. For example a simple improvement of a variable used to change from one level to another. The game worked perfectly with the GS Viewer and with the creator on my Mac!!! It was incredible: so i repeated the built process I tried another time the built version on my iPad and IT WORKED!!! So my question is: is this a bug of the creator? Have anyone experienced a similar situation?
Many thanks

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

It's impossible to know why that happened with the details you provided. There are so many variables at play but it's important to know that project files will perform differently on different devices, especially desktop/laptop vs. mobile OS. That's why testing on a mobile device is crucial during the development stage.

The "I repeated the build process... and IT WORKED" portion of your post leads me to think that you did something different the second time around. Even something like adding or removing a timer behavior can affect how your project runs on various devices.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• I'm sorry i found the solution: there was a mistake in my code and the testing situations were different. Many thanks tatiang for you interest and answer

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

You're welcome! Glad you figured it out. :)

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User